Earth Feeling

Rate this topic

ShriDurga

This is a compilation of music that is most commonly described as New Age, Adult Contemporary, or Contemporary Instrumental. The compositions feature strong melodies played mostly on piano or guitar with full band or orchestral backing, a few with ethnic flourishes. This is not dance music, but many of the songs might make you want move your body or roll down the car window. I took the title of the disc from my radio show, which I did for nine years in Fukuoka, Japan. This collection features some of the show's signature tunes, the ones we went back to again and again.

PM me if you'd like to trade. I'm interested in music of a similar nature, as well as jazz, ambient, world/ethnic, and rock.

Hope to be hearing from you soon.

post-58139-1224395699_thumb.jpg

post-58139-1224395713_thumb.jpg

Do you have high speed internet there?

and HiMD ? would you want me to record Internet radio for you , and what station ?

in HiMD / HiLP mode a normal Md 80 minute disc will hold about 9 hours . I am recording SmoothJazz .com for a freind of mine right now , He doesnt have Hi Speed net , but he does have an MD .

Hey, Guitarfxr.

Broadband, as its defined in Nepal, is 128kps. High speed internet is still a dream, as are much simpler realities, like potable water.

For myself, though, I do have Hi-MD. So long as the fidelity is acceptable, a Hi-MD of Smooth Jazz radio sounds great. Maybe you could split it between Smooth Jazz and a New Age broadcast, if you can find one.

Hey, Guitarfxr.

Broadband, as its defined in Nepal, is 128kps. High speed internet is still a dream, as are much simpler realities, like potable water.

For myself, though, I do have Hi-MD. So long as the fidelity is acceptable, a Hi-MD of Smooth Jazz radio sounds great. Maybe you could split it between Smooth Jazz and a New Age broadcast, if you can find one.

High speed net here is 100 MBs ,128kbs I think would make me stop using a computer altogether ,and go back to nature .....!!

I have Fiber optic network so Beyond CD sound radio , yes I can mix it

Edited by Guitarfxr

Yes, this is what I'm used to in Japan. It's good to be here and, as you say, go back to nature, which amounts to the internet as we knew it about 10-15 years ago. Great for text and still photos, impossible for audio and video.

Speaking of Nature , I picked up an Old Solar panel today Unused still with the Box , 1988=89 area Showa Arco Solar , Open circuit voltage ( I measured )

In weak Sun ( partly cloudy here, high thin clouds)

OCV = 19.31 volts DC

Under load probably 17.5 or so

1.17 Amps , measured at a different time than the picture below , which means Bright Sun probably 1.5 at least

Which is VERY close to what it was rated when it was Made . so not bad for sitting in a store for 20 years

10,000 yen ....... for free power for the next 25 years ( Originally about 500 dollars or 54,000 yen at the time.)

Panel Size 2.3 feet x 2.5 feet Aluminum framed

I was looking for parts to finish a couple projects I have going , Building a Power supply for a Sony ECM MS5M stereo Mic . Ordered the Battery holders today.

2 Nine volts to give 18 volt phantom . I have the Case all built XLR x 2 out , plus a 1/8 " stereo out for MD / Dat , and 5 Pin XLR input for the Mic , switch for Battery/ or Phantom from a Mixing board .

It is looking real good , cant wait to get it done , it was a 1500 dollar mic , ......I bought it for 2,000 yen , missing everything . who knows it might not even work , but if not I will have a Very nice Phantom power supply for something else like a stereo pair of AT 3032's

It

Edited by Guitarfxr