GuitarFxr's Post MD Apocalyptic Sanctuary

Rate this topic

Strungup

It is now 2009

and I have had to take stock of my Health , My time , My responsibilities , and My Family situation .

I have to say that while I really enjoy the MDCF , and sharing in it . I just will not have time or the means , to salvage MD's anymore .

So thanks to those who bought from me , stay in touch .

" The scene of this world is changing " and so must I ........

In fact this is also goodbye to the forums .

Edited by Guitarfxr

GuitarFxr, I completely love you for the dedication you put into keeping md alive and AVAILABLE to so many of us who don't have access. You are the patron saint of minidisc preservation, and I (and I'm sure many others) greatly appreciate it :drinks:

I may (hopefully, if money permits) be interested in that R900 in the near future, although I had been holding out for a red or blue one.

Does anyone recall who had the gray N10 for $100 not too long ago?

GuitarFxr, I completely love you for the dedication you put into keeping md alive and AVAILABLE to so many of us who don't have access. You are the patron saint of minidisc preservation, and I (and I'm sure many others) greatly appreciate it :drinks:

Amen. I must confess that I totally agree with that. Long live to this thread !

8url9

Blue Sony MZ-N1 , Grade C Plus , It has a few scratches , and is missing practically everything , But It plays and Records well (...) Accessories = Remote , AA Sidecar ...........

...and if your quick ebay has the matching charging cradle (shipped international):

CLICK

bb7f_1.JPG

Zut, you insist on separating me from my money!

I guess that's OK.

Urban Dictonary " Zut " = DAMN

Aww Damn you INSIST on robbing me Blind , Making me Sacrifice my Firstborn , Selling My Wife ( alzo I hav zout of zat many timz)

ZUT ZUT ZUT ZUT !!!

um ,....... I Learned a new word today , remind me not to use it

Edited by Guitarfxr

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics, G-FXER. I have a stupid question. I notice the MCMD-R1 has a USB cord. Will this unit, by any chance, be able to create an audio Hi-MD while connected to Sonicstage, since it obviously has a write head? Please let me know. Also, I *may* (may) get that SM-MJ55 unit for a friend's X-mas present...

Thanks for the pics, G-FXER. I have a stupid question. I notice the MCMD-R1 has a USB cord. Will this unit, by any chance, be able to create an audio Hi-MD while connected to Sonicstage, since it obviously has a write head? Please let me know. Also, I *may* (may) get that SM-MJ55 unit for a friend's X-mas present...

answer by PM please , I mentioned that in the first post ............. !!

I've been checking this thread twice a day for the past week, and I hope I can find something I like. Gotta make up for not making it to Black Friday. GO, G-FXR, GO!

I have 45 units to go thru and take Pix of , I just built a Light box this morning for better detail , so you can Actually see what your looking at , I am playing Discs as I am taking Pix to what Units have probs and which ones do not . ( Some GOOOOOD stuff for SP lovers , believe me , unbelievably good shape on some of these )

I have 45 units to go thru and take Pix of , I just built a Light box this morning for better detail , so you can Actually see what your looking at , I am playing Discs as I am taking Pix to what Units have probs and which ones do not . ( Some GOOOOOD stuff for SP lovers , believe me , unbelievably good shape on some of these )

45 UNITS........!!!!!

Nevertheless, eagerly awaiting some MD pr0n.. :)

Edited by Levanel

Right now I am having problems with Paypal , I am communicating with them , but they have my account screwed up , and it isnt updating , so I am unable to withdraw money to my bank account , therefore I have to put this on hold until I can get this completely straightened out .

Update , Was on the Phone with Paypal : On Hold Music .............. Wierd Al " I bought it on EBay "

Pay Payl or Visa , Whatever will Please Ya //////// AAGHHHHHHHH!!!!

anyway , Wont be able to withdraw any money until Jan 2 . I can Post stuff , You can Buy stuff , But My Shipping funds will be limited to what I can borrow from the S.U.

:wacko:

Edited by Guitarfxr

Right now I am having problems with Paypal , I am communicating with them , but they have my account screwed up , and it isnt updating , so I am unable to withdraw money to my bank account , therefore I have to put this on hold until I can get this completely straightened out .

Update , Was on the Phone with Paypal : On Hold Music .............. Wierd Al " I bought it on EBay "

Pay Payl or Visa , Whatever will Please Ya //////// AAGHHHHHHHH!!!!

:wacko:

hey TC and fellow MD-Heads: check this out from Weird Al Yankovic, titled "What I Bought On eBay"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU

Updated

Some pix up , and some ready for sale , Have a lot more to go thru but no time .

PM me if your interested in something

I also have a bunch of Sharp,standard and Auvi , Charging stands if I know what model you have and you need a stand let me know .

Edited by Guitarfxr

The E33 is awesome SP unit.. except I think it doesn't have any shock-protection/memory scheme in it.

I found it ate AAs like there was no tomorrow though.

The other units are also pretty cool.. I'm surprised you were able to find more units in around Akihabara..

Shock Protection is 10 seconds (Yes it does have ASP) it just isnt as strong as more modern units

Battery Life of MZ-E33 from manual , ( A Little less in real life but , it has a DC input , and is used as a Table top unit )

Battery Life Play

NH-14WM Gumpack 7 hr

NH-9WM Gumpack 6.5 hr

NH-MDAA (AA form factor) 8 hr

Alkaline AA x 1 9.5 hr

Edited by Guitarfxr

That Panasonic unit.. states in the equipment browser that it's NetMD capable. So does it come with bundled software to access this function? Or can we use SS with it?

You would have to find the Software , BeatJam is what it came with , and to use the Net feature you would have to find the Stand which I do not have . Read the descriptions carefully .

PM's please so this doesnt get crowded , and I can get emails about it when I am not at the board

Edited by Guitarfxr

updated ,( read first post ) ..........I am really surprised noone has jumped on the EH70 yet , It is NOT a USED unit , Brand New ,Unused NIB

last of the HiMD players , HD Amp , I have one myself , they sound pretty good , and use the standard Gumstick instead of the 4w that is in the RH1 .

I have about 14 more units that I havent posted yet , because I am still checking them ( I check them that thoroughly )

Any comments need to be made by PM ,not here .

To those of you who bought from me , Thank you . and If I can help in any way , please email me , do not PM me from here.

I appreciate what comments have been left about me in the Feedback forums , and hope the MD's you got live up to your needs . I did all I could .

TC

Edited by Guitarfxr