Sony MDS-JE330

Rate this topic

I have a stack of MD discs recorded as SP on the Sony MZ-N510 and the Sony MZ-RH1.These discs play on these two recorders.

When I insert these discs in the Sony MDS-JE330,they are recognised by this recorder/Player but no sound comes out.

An MD disc that was recorded and supplied with this Sony MDS-JE330 works 100% on this recorder/Player.

Anybody has any answer ???.

Your deck only plays SP Atrac (292 kbps).

Your portables (excluding RH1) play SP Atrac, and LP2 (132 kbps).

Your RH1 plays all the above including Atrac3plus (64 - 352 kbps).

You have to record everything in SP (without Sonicstage, i.e. real-time, or max 4x speed) if you want to use your deck. This is what I do exclusively now.

Edited by kino170878

• 3 years later...

Not a chance. Sony themselves made NO HiMD decks, only portables. Onkyo made some HiFi components with HiMD drives, including some bookshelf units, but the biiig problem you have with converting a lo-MD deck, so to speak, is the encryption. It's not just hardware, there's a bunch of software (firmware), to make it useful. All HiMDs are considerably encrypted and the music cannot be sucked off them by normal copying from USB.