BATTERY BOX PROBLEM

Rate this topic

deadwing

Hi all,

I've been using one of Greenmachine's excellent battery boxes for alost three years now. I've noticed recently that the socket for the mic seems to have 'loosened' or become a little wider and the mic plug does not 'click in' like it used to. A live recording I made on Wednesday had some slight and very brief dropouts on the left chanel only and that is all I can think it is that caused this (all plugs are clean). Is there anything I can do to the socket or am I looking at a new box?

Hi all,

I've been using one of Greenmachine's excellent battery boxes for alost three years now. I've noticed recently that the socket for the mic seems to have 'loosened' or become a little wider and the mic plug does not 'click in' like it used to. A live recording I made on Wednesday had some slight and very brief dropouts on the left chanel only and that is all I can think it is that caused this (all plugs are clean). Is there anything I can do to the socket or am I looking at a new box?

If you have very small needlenose pliers you can tighten the jack connections, or best scenario, you can get a jack from Radio Shack or equivalent, and solder it in.

Good luck

bob

If you have very small needlenose pliers you can tighten the jack connections, or best scenario, you can get a jack from Radio Shack or equivalent, and solder it in.

Good luck

bob

Cheers Bob.. trouble with that is the word 'solder'.. not something I've ever been able to master, I'm afraid!! :huh:

Cheers Bob.. trouble with that is the word 'solder'.. not something I've ever been able to master, I'm afraid!! :huh:

If you have an elecronics service senter of any kind in your area they should be able to do it for you in a few minutes.

Also, if you can get to the contact, you might be able to move it tighter with a needle, or something.

Good luck

Bob