Date & Time information for PC

Rate this topic

n5gar

Some MD recorders, like my MZRH1 and MZN10 create files on the disk with date and time information. So far I have not been able to get this info included when I use my MZRH1 to download with Sonic Stage.

So that means entering info like that manually for each file, in the title or simlar data field, on the PC.

Any suggestions?

If you leave the titles blank (not particularly recommended in my view) on the MD, SS will add date and times instead of title.

However you now have zillions of files with very similar names.

Best thing is to title the minidisc before upload, using SonicStage.

Maybe I don't understand the problem....... care to elaborate further?

If you leave the titles blank (not particularly recommended in my view) on the MD, SS will add date and times instead of title.

However you now have zillions of files with very similar names.

Best thing is to title the minidisc before upload, using SonicStage.

Maybe I don't understand the problem....... care to elaborate further?

My procedure is to make the recording with a microphone on the portable MD recorder, usually the MZN10. I put the MD Disk in the MZRH1, which is connected to the computer's USB port. I start up Sonic Stage. I observe the files recognized by Sonic Stage in the right hand column. They do not have titles at that time. The date and time information that each file was originally recorded is available on the display of the MZN10 and MZRH1, but this information is not transferred to the PC by Sonic Stage. I type in a title for each one. Then I select them and transfer them to the PC.

I would rather not have to type in the date and time information manually for each file. I would rather see it transferred along with the file to the PC by Sonic Stage.

I hope this explains the situation. Thanks.

It seems that recordings made on Hi-MD formatted discs will transfer the timestamp, but not standard MDs. I'd love a workaround, too.

The uploads from legacy formats are much more limited... because there is so much less information transferred. For example you cannot fill out Artist and Composer fields until you get to SS, unless you started with HiMD. Even if there is timestamp information I think it doesn't get sent?

The uploads from legacy formats are much more limited... because there is so much less information transferred. For example you cannot fill out Artist and Composer fields until you get to SS, unless you started with HiMD. Even if there is timestamp information I think it doesn't get sent?

So far the only work-around I see is the ability to read the display as the track is played and copy it manually, using Sonic Stage. Sometimes I enter this date information in the title of the file on my PC.

I do wish there were a work-around.

I've not seen an audio deck for HI MD, that might be sort-of like my MDS-JE480.