MZ-RH1 Blankdisc error

Rate this topic

carlesraf

Ohhh :-(

My unit is dead afther 3 years of dayly use.....like old units when I try to record on a disc afther toc edit the unit makes the wellknow blankdisc error, or sometimes it records the traks (even I can listen a few secons of the traks) but normaly not.

I've tried to record via usb, analog or idigtal but allways with the same isue :-(

I wolud buy another one from audiocubes....

Ohhh :-(

My unit is dead afther 3 years of dayly use.....like old units when I try to record on a disc afther toc edit the unit makes the wellknow blankdisc error, or sometimes it records the traks (even I can listen a few secons of the traks) but normaly not.

I've tried to record via usb, analog or idigtal but allways with the same isue :-(

I wolud buy another one from audiocubes....

I had that with one of my units, took the top cover off, tried not to lose the microscopic screws, found the head assembly, gently moved it to about half way, reassembled it, put a disc in, voila, it worked, and continues to work, may be worth a try for you if you are ambitious, if not, try a Sony repair centre near you, may be an inexpensive repair, never know..

Bob

More news about blankdisc error...

I found that the unit it's not dead at all...it can record on Hi-Md disc and on Stad Md disc into HI-Md mode...mayby the laser focus was mis the power to record into MD mode...but it can't enter into service mode cause mi menu button is broken and missing...(yeah...the unit fall down sometines in this 3 years of heave use...) so, i can't fix it....it's possible to do this settings via remote? or It's an imperative to enter the service mode the buttons of the unit?

I'm a little worried to buy another MZ-RH1 cause it not normal that a unit thats cost this wad of cash make this failures afther 3years (yes, 3 years of dayly use but at this price the unit must be more robust don't u think so? )