Introducing myself...

Rate this topic

DreamOn

(Didn't find any introduce yourself threads, or didn't look/use search enough so i'll just post here)

Thought i'd introduce myself, been a lurker on these forums for a while, even though i only

joined about a week ago to get the drivers i needed to get my N710 working, the same unit i was looking at years ago, but alas, as a student, you don't have that much money to spend around, or atleast i didn't have...story goes like this; bought some cheap chinese mp3 player to replace my old CD walkman, that sounded worse than the walkie, but was 10 times smaller, and that was the only good thing about it (broke down twice), and then i started to use my 'Cell as an music player...let's just say that the quality didn't improve at all (laugh)

Few months ago, i got fed up with the quality of the music and started to look for another go with the mp3 players, but didn't find anything that would suit me (i mean come on? what's with this i-pod / Zen crazyness about? i find them both ugly, and the sansa players look like kid's toys) and then started ramdomly googling, and founded the MiniDisc again...and the same unit i was looking at back then...what comes around goes around i guess

I wanted to get some experience from this one before posting anything, now after a week of using this, i can say that i got exactly what i wanted...Mindblowing music quality, even LP4 sounds better than anything i've used this far, LP2 kept me awake for the whole night, and SP is utopia...Not to mention removable storage, removeable battery, gapless playback...the list goes on and on, and i was sold

As you can probably see from my signature, i'm not a hi-fi person myself, but it doesn't mean that i would do what most people do, download a youtube clip, convert it to mp3, transfer it to your ipod and youre good to go? Sounds like someone's bullying the cat to me, it sounds horribble that way...besides who needs their whole music selection on their player? there's bound to be a conflict that way, you listen to a good track, and then it plays an older track that was good at then, but now youre bored of it...it just takes the feeling away (but that might be just me -_- )

And in the end, what did i learn from this? i counted it up and the minidisc would have costed me less than this mess of what i used... :lol:

It's a shame that the format ended like this, but that doesn't mean it's dead, neither is my Dreamcast or Saturn...they were just too good for their time, ignored by the masses

Long post, i know...But that's just my opinion about this, feel free to correct me

Hi There,

No need for corrections or apologies, glad you found MD, but beware, it's an addiction, you will want more and more, friends that you never knew that had one will give their stuff to you, you'll find something at a yard sale, etc,

have fun with your unit, and welcome to the machine

Bob