Transfer SonicStage DB to new PC?

Rate this topic

Azureal

I have 20+ GB of music that I wanto to move to a new machine. Most of the data was imported in pre 3.2 SonicStage. I have upgraded several times over the past two years or so. Currently running SS 3.4.

Can I use the backup tool to backup to a common location and then restore to the new machine?

I suspect that I know the answer to this, given the issues with SS over the years. Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated!

Azureal,

I recently did something similar when I changed my laptop. It was on version 3.3 but it worked like a charm, I don't see why it shouldn't work. First backup everything using the backup tool, and then restore it. My suggestion, don't get rid of the first PC until you have the second one working!

My suggestion, don't get rid of the first PC until you have the second one working!

granbajo,

Excelent, I'll give this a try and definately keep the old machine around until I am sure! Thanks.

In which format are you importing your files in your network walkman ??Mp3 or Atrac

Stuge, I have probably 98% of my music ripped into Hi-SP, a few items where MP3 but converted to Atrac.

I guess part of my concern is whether I will have problems with DRM wrappers on the ripped Atrac music. I am not positive, but I think it was only recent versions of SS which allowed CDs to be ripped to Atrac without DRM. I may find that I need to go through my collection and remove the DRM as I have read others are able to do.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll let you all know how things turn out!