MZ-NE410. found it cheap. worth it?

Rate this topic

aphexpusher

I am considering purchasing a MZ-NE410 as I found it really cheap from a friend of a friend and the unit works perfectly. He is selling it to me for 25 bucks with tons of minidiscs and a bunch of accessories like an arm band and several cases for minidiscs. should I go for it? will the latest sonic stage work with this player? thanks.

I am considering purchasing a MZ-NE410 as I found it really cheap from a friend of a friend and the unit works perfectly. He is selling it to me for 25 bucks with tons of minidiscs and a bunch of accessories like an arm band and several cases for minidiscs. should I go for it? will the latest sonic stage work with this player? thanks.

ewwww wait...... I just found out that it has not line in..... crap...... no way...

ewwww wait...... I just found out that it has not line in..... crap...... no way...

get it anyway, if not for anything else but the goodies that come with it, great way to start a clooection, from what I gather, the 410 is a sweet machine.

Bob

The major drawback relative to the other units is that there is no remote socket on the NE410. This means that if you need to change the sound it's really rather tricky, I had no luck at all without the manual. However the unit is very durable and probably well suited to jogging or hiking.

Remember it's NetMD only so although it can play SP disks, it cannot record them properly.

Remember it's NetMD only so although it can play SP disks, it cannot record them properly.

It doesn't record in realtime. No mic jack, no line-in. The only input is the USB to download via SonicStage. The NE410 was the bottom of the line player-only unit. However, if $25 also gets you a whole lot of blank discs, it might be worth it anyway.

One additional nice feature (I never noticed this before): the NE410 does do Type-S for LP2 and LP4 playback. This means the sound is at least decent.

The sound is more than decent. I find it hard to believe that $25 unit such as the NE410 can put out more bass than a $300 RH1. What the hell was Sony thinking? The more expensive the unit, the better the bass. It's the law of the universe. :lol:

Get it. Ive seen them new for 20 euros or 35 dollars, but you are getting all that extra stuff... that was my very first MD unit and I still use it almost every day.

I read your avatar and I find it hard to believe that they have internet in Colombia. Who's your internet service provider? The drug lords? :lol::lol::lol:

You should be amazed by yours. :lol::lol::lol: <-- means it was a joke. I'm from South America too, and I can't believe they have internet in my home country. :lol:

I really dont find it hard to believe...it connects the planet, its everywhere.

The poorest and most undeveloped country in South America is Bolivia, and even they have it.

sorry guys... I should have come back here sooner. the guys sold it to someone else... meh my loss. out of money at the moment. Ill be back into it later. Think Im gonna just save save save till I have enough for hi md. Ill come back then. thanks for all the help thus far guys.

That sucks, imo this unit is well worth that, as long as you think it as a player, NOT a recorder (Only records through SonicStage), and that's the exact reason why i bought it...yep, needed a player myself, and was pretty suprised that it was a type-s too...all in all, it's a good player