Would You Buy a New Pre-Recorded MD?

Rate this topic

zahne

Would You Buy a New Pre-Recorded MD?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. With New Material

• Yes
    • No

When I say new, I mean a new release by an independent artist. Not an old but sealed pre-recorded MD. It wouldn't really be a pre-recorded MD in the traditional sense but it would be an MD with pre-recorded content, in nice packaging, a quality printed label and of course labeled tracks and disc.

I'm a member of a film group called Divine Comedies. We also have a comedy group called Niente Peaches. We're working on some audio content that will be released on the web but we're hoping to nclude MiniDisc in a campaign we're calling "Format Fanatics Unite!" This will be releases of the same content but on other media. We'd sell the MiniDiscs at cost with complete packaging including inserts and labels. We'll do the same for our cassette and 8-track releases. My only question is, is anyone here interested in a MiniDisc release? Assuming you like the content of course. Anyone don't care about the content and just want one as a souvenir if they look nice?

When I say new, I mean a new release by an independent artist. Not an old but sealed pre-recorded MD. It wouldn't really be a pre-recorded MD in the traditional sense but it would be an MD with pre-recorded content, in nice packaging, a quality printed label and of course labeled tracks and disc.

I'm a member of a film group called Divine Comedies. We also have a comedy group called Niente Peaches. We're working on some audio content that will be released on the web but we're hoping to nclude MiniDisc in a campaign we're calling "Format Fanatics Unite!" This will be releases of the same content but on other media. We'd sell the MiniDiscs at cost with complete packaging including inserts and labels. We'll do the same for our cassette and 8-track releases. My only question is, is anyone here interested in a MiniDisc release? Assuming you like the content of course. Anyone don't care about the content and just want one as a souvenir if they look nice?

Put me on the list for any and all releases

Bob

I voted no for I assume by new pre-recorded, it would be 292kbps Atrac SP; By technological limitation, Hi-MD's aren't pre-recordable I remember reading, and you would want to release in a format all MD devices could read anyhow, that I understand.

classical pre-recorded MDs are simply not possible anymore. I think they were all made by Sony.

I think he means regular MDs made in a limited quantity by someone - so Hi-MD would be an option - and a format more obscure! :)

Edited by sinus

YES, pcm prerecored himds !

I know Himds cannot be pressed like cds or standard prerecorded MDs, but they may be recorded just like old prerecorded cassette tapes used to be!

Edited by garcou

YES, pcm prerecored himds !

I know Himds cannot be pressed like cds or standard prerecorded MDs, but they may be recorded just like old prerecorded cassette tapes used to be!

but faster?

Bob

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...