MZ-M200: Sell it or keep it?

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

I'm thinking of selling my MZ-M200. I really only use it to play music, but unfortunately I can't really take it with me everywhere because I'm afraid it will break. My main concern is to not damage it. If I keep it, I probably will not use it, and wait til all MZ-M200 units are sold out. This might give me an edge in asking for a higher price for it. The unit itself is in almost new condition. The only items I have to go with it are the remote control, Sony earphones, USB charging cable. I posted a pic below. Just wanted some opinions or suggestions. Thanks.

Mz-M200.jpg

Just curious, Chris, did they not sell you a wall charger? Maybe that's a difference between M200 and RH1 packaging....

Yes, I do have the wall charger. I forgot to mention that. The wall charge is just a USB adapter connected to an AC power pack. I also noticed, looking at other people pics of their RH1 or M200, that they don' thave the little blue "MP3" sticker. Mines has that. Any idea why some do and others don't?

Edited by Chris G

Perhaps you ought to sell it,if it's really not going to use it. There'll be plenty of grateful takers, especially when they get really rare. I let my RH10 and RH910 go as they were sitting abjectly in a drawer. Shame to lose them, but they went to appreciative homes.

Edited by Barock

I also noticed, looking at other people pics of their RH1 or M200, that they don' thave the little blue "MP3" sticker. Mines has that. Any idea why some do and others don't?

I don't like stickers on my electronics. They cheapen the product. I assume that most of us, including me, removed that MP3 sticker the minute we opened the box.

I don't like stickers on my electronics. They cheapen the product. I assume that most of us, including me, removed that MP3 sticker the minute we opened the box.

I do remove them, but it can affect the resale value, as I've found to my cost. So best to leave it on if you might be selling it, especially 'as new'.

I do remove them, but it can affect the resale value, as I've found to my cost. So best to leave it on if you might be selling it, especially 'as new'.

I agree. I've left the sticker on it because it is technically an MP3 player. I've got some new Hi-MD discs to go with it. Do you guys think I can get $300 for all the items I've mentioned?

I agree. I've left the sticker on it because it is technically an MP3 player. I've got some new Hi-MD discs to go with it. Do you guys think I can get $300 for all the items I've mentioned?

If there are people who want it. I'm in the same boat as you now.. an unused RH1 packed neatly in a storage box..

Weird , but i bought my mz-200 new and it didnt have the blue sticker....

als the packaging , the entire exterior of the box was not in some of kind of plastic wrap that you would find with say ipods or zunes

does sony do this and purpose?

Weird , but i bought my mz-200 new and it didnt have the blue sticker....

als the packaging , the entire exterior of the box was not in some of kind of plastic wrap that you would find with say ipods or zunes

does sony do this and purpose?

I think they do, my box wasn't wrapped either. I don't think Sony does that, not even with the PSP.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Sony touchscreen MP3 player won't be released til June 20th, and will include noise cancelling earphones. It will come in two versions, 16GB and 32GB. It looks to be a strong competitor with iPod Touch and have the same sound quality as Minidisc. So I'm now leaning more towards selling my MZ-M200 and all the Hi-MD discs.