MZ-N1 Cradle

Rate this topic

gaseki

I've got a question. I bought a MZ-N1 for a few pounds, but it doesn't have the cradle. AFAIK cradle is necessary to use the usb connection. Can the N10 cradle substitute the N1 cradle? I'm just asking, because in theory there should be no great difference, but I want to be sure not to waste money.

And just to check if I understand it correctly. USB gives me possibility to upload more music to a single MD, and I don't have to wait for it to record realtime, yes?

Edited by gaseki

Hi,

unfortunately the N10 cradle doesn´t match to your N1. To save time by avoiding realtime recordings you could ask ebay member "mute-electronics" for a cradle (he´s selling MD related spare parts) or watch out for cheap defective recorders with complete accessories.

• 3 weeks later...

What you need to do is find an eBay auction for an N1 with a bad record block, these are quite common, but you need to check regularily. Buy it for parts and make sure it has the dock with it. You can usually get the bad units quite cheap (< $25US). You may end up with and extra working remote and power supply.

The N1 is an awesome unit, unfortunately, they used a non standard form of connectivity for the USB which limits it's use without the dock, as you have found out.

I bough an N1 new in mid 2002, it was my first MD and I used it until the head died, I loved it. Sadly, I gave it away a few years ago for parts.

I was able to recently pick one up in an eBay auction for about $100US and it was brand new in the box! It looks like the owner opened it to check it out and then repackaged it and put it in the closet.

It is my absolute favorite MDLP/NetMD recorder, I love it ... :P

I've got a question. I bought a MZ-N1 for a few pounds, but it doesn't have the cradle. AFAIK cradle is necessary to use the usb connection. Can the N10 cradle substitute the N1 cradle? I'm just asking, because in theory there should be no great difference, but I want to be sure not to waste money.

And just to check if I understand it correctly. USB gives me possibility to upload more music to a single MD, and I don't have to wait for it to record realtime, yes?

Edited by Azureal