EH70 charge stand

Rate this topic

sfbp

I am looking for someone here who is an owner of the EH70 to explain to me what the standard setup of the EH70 is. I cannot find a manual, so one option is perhaps some kind individual might scan us all a .pdf file of that. That would solve the problem.

Here's the issue: how is the EH70 charged? There is a charge stand supposedly, what does it do? Is there a "normal" 3V input on the EH70? Is there another charge stand that works instead? I understand there's no USB connection at all, so it cannot be charged that way.

Someone has an EH70 I want to buy but no charge stand. I'm not clear if the charger being offered separately is just a battery charger or actually charges the battery whilst inserted into the unit.

Finally, for you owners out there - is the EH70 a good enough unit that I should grab one anyway and look for the charge stand later = or do without a charge stand altogether? The problem with "doing without" is that EH70 takes gumsticks only.

Name your price :closedeyes:

I don't suppose there is any *good* that you would like? since you don't have Paypal. Perhaps there is something easily available here that is hard to come by in Japan, that I can mail to you. Take a look in Vancouver Craigslist?

Failing that I am sure we can come to some cash arrangement, as I just came back from the US and have some US dollar bills in my wallet.

Thanks very much.

Well that (a wall charger) was my only bust in that area. Bought one and it was an obvious fake, never worked.

You know now I think of it, there WAS a local firm offering a legit charger. Maybe that's the best idea - I can confirm that I have had better luck using my R91 to charge things than any other unit so I tended to use it to charge gumsticks, lol. When I last considered that option, I had only 1 machine with that type of battery, so it was never going to be cost effective. But by the time I have chased around in Japan, I might indeed be better off.

Update: I just called them, and the guy even threw in 2 gumsticks - I am sure he wanted rid of them.

Sorry, Guitarfxr, I think culp is right. My offer to exchange a stand with something on Vancouver Craigslist stands, however, provided it's not too pricey. There's a guy selling a used N505 for $250, sound good???? (He has been posting it for months, started at $350, and when I wrote to him dropped it to $250). Seriously, there's a nice N505 for $60 this week, right in my area.

Got it. Turned out to be a GP. One of the sticks had corrosion on it and wouldn't do anything, so cleaned it off. Now they are both charging, and we shall see :)

Edited by sfbp

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi there, just join this forum, hope this topic is still alive!

I own some MiniDisc Players, among those an EH 70 as well as RH1 and RH10;

while the RH1 is a must have, I sometimes enjoy the nicer display on the RH10 but for sound quality I always turn to the EH 70 ... so, first-off, yes it is worth investing in it!

There are multiple ways to power it, pls. let me know if you are still 'in the market' for a solution, I found quite a few ways to go that are quite easy and mostly unexpensive ... just let me know if you are still looking. I assume that product for sale in Europe are even more easy to find in the US (living in the EU and assuming you live in the US).

Friendly