Got a working NW-E003

Rate this question

spex

Question

35 answers to this question

Sound quality is 'ok' with supplied headphones. When I connected some high quality headphones I was impressed.

I tend to leave EQ turned off but I just tried the 'Heavy' setting and it definitely fills out the bass.

I'll produce some pictures and (if it doesn't come out crap) video tomorrow or Thursday.

Well done, What colour is it ?

Does the NW-E003 function like a normal flash drive when plugged into the PC without using SonicStage ?

Stuge & madleet3 - got no camera so pics will have to wait until tomorrow evening when I'm back home.

As far as the testing goes I'm pretty impressed by the player. I don't have a lot of music on my laptop (all ripped on home desktop machine) but what I have synchronised to the player sounds very good. Usability is good too - I'm surprised about that because I didn't think the single line display would be easy to use. It remains to be seen how easy it is to navigate through a fully loaded player.

Guest Stuge

Thanks for the pictures, NW-Lover

Surprising to see white earphones rather than the standard Sony black ones included.

Oh thanks NW-Lover

White earphones donesn`t look cool & neither they matches the colour combination of the player .

ya surpice its c/w more EQ setting just wise E500 and A600 got more EQ lines settings

maybe with new firmware? hehe i wish hehe

but i guess sony wont c/w a new firmware for A600 since they got thie new model and the cE-p upcoming soon

oh ya is the volume control buttion too?

not the oldsch twists and turn?

oh ya thx for the picture too :D

Edited by madleet3

The reason I asked is because I've once read somewhere in this forum that the A-series flashdrive player (ie., A-60x) cannot play gapless, though the A-series HDD player does.

Oops I just realised that SimKill has an A608, could you confirm that if it plays gapless or not.

Edited by metal

The price difference is about US$53.

I like E005F more because of the black colour. A608 doesn't come in black.

Also, I have A1000 which I found it has a rather weak battery life and this led me to feel A608 may not have a good battery life.

Edited by metal

ok so does that mean the colour i have is .... what?

I thought I have black, only it is extremely shiny and silvery.

It isn't the Silver edition either...

The main lead is that the earphones have a greyish blackish silverish blob, and in the photos with the blue a608, the earphones have a blue blob...

Isn't the a1000 a hard disk player, maybe that's why it has significantly lesser battery?

but the main advantage in the e005 is the direct usb plug, which is so damn convenient i guess...

I believe yours is a silver. I've got the silver A1000 and it certainly looks very shiny.

AFAIK, A608 doesn't have a black option. A1000 and A3000 comes in black but only in limited edition and available at Sony style/shop.

And, yes, A1000 is a HDD player. I never purchased a flash drive player so I have no idea of what sort of battery life of such, but I'm very disappointed about A1000's battery life.

Ah to those who owned the NW-E003, can you please confirm if your player duplicate MP3s file within your MP3, connect the player to your USB then go to "My Computer" and double-click on Removable Device (E/or whatever) and see if there's a folder named "Music" it seems to duplicate/copy/create transferred file in MP3 fomrat, because my sister converted MP3 file format to ATRAC3plus, I've created a topic here, please help if you've solution to this problem, cause it eat up space on the player...

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1794

THANK YOU!

Hey there...

yesterday i bought the NW-E003 at the local store and i am happy with it..

But something reaaally annoys me.. i could not find any information for turning off the player ?!?!

Can someone tell me how i am able to do so ?

Pressing the "Home-Button" long does not seem to solve my problem - so how does it work?

Greetings

Jan

Hey there...

yesterday i bought the NW-E003 at the local store and i am happy with it..

But something reaaally annoys me.. i could not find any information for turning off the player ?!?!

Can someone tell me how i am able to do so ?

Pressing the "Home-Button" long does not seem to solve my problem - so how does it work?

Greetings

Jan

If you put the player on pauze/stop with the play button, it will turn itself off after 5 sec

Hi there,

3 days ago i bought the NW-E002, and i'm happy about it :)

I payed about 84 €, but that's a fair price.

The sound quality is amazing good for this size.

Some days before i had the TrekStor i.Beat classico, but i don't want to talk about it (puke).

It was terrible

post-6863-1124132649_thumb.jpg

(sorry i don't have a camera, i've only got the Sony Ericsson v600i :( )

OSi

Edited by OSi