Equipment Browser updated with MZ-EH50/70 units

Webmaster

I believe there's an EH930 (though I don't have one). Someone here does, though.

Denon DMD-M50 as just purchased by GuitarFxr

Sony MZ-DN430

Sony MZ-DH710 (may be the same as RH710 minus optical and line input)

That's all I can think off of top of head but there are at least 5 or 6 more that I failed to find in the last 6 months.

Yes, it's fun finding these oddities!

(Any other gear we're missing?)

That's all I can think off of top of head but there are at least 5 or 6 more that I failed to find in the last 6 months.

If the equipment browser has the claim to cover the entire range of units these are missing: :spiteful:

Sony MZ-E630

mz630_b1.jpg

Sharp MD-DS700

main.gif

Sharp MD-DS77

20606010109.jpg

Sharp MD-DS55

player_md_ds55.jpg

Sharp MD-DS33

2576_1.jpg

Sharp MD-ST500

31N7BSW80PL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sharp MD-ST600

00014390.jpg

Sharp MD-DP700

18087_4034-paragraf-photo-description-im

JVC/Victor XM-C31

XM-C31.jpg

JVC/Victor XM-S51

8078a.jpg

JVC/Victor XM-PX501WP

digital_md_jvc_xm_px501wp-14078.jpg

JVC XM-PX3LTD

digital_md_jvc_xm_px3ltd-14100.jpg

PANASONIC SJ-MJ97

6439_1.jpg

Edited by Zeitenwende

• 4 weeks later...

I would still LOVE an MZ-E630. Has anyone ever seen one for sale? Anywhere? I believe they're simply a myth perpetrated by Sony to make us rabid minidisc users think there's more out there than there really is...

Try here

You have about 24 hours to get organised........

(oops I had it wrong but right now I hope)

This person (who also has an account here: LonelyMachines) has an excellent page of minidisc articles, including reviews of several models including:

This person (who also has an account here: LonelyMachines) has an excellent page of minidisc articles, including reviews of several models including:

Thanks. My son is off on a trip to Japan, charged with getting me an EH930 and this is by far the best link I have seen to it especially the pictures which should identify it easily.

MZ-EH1: I wasn't going to include this one in the list, but then I clicked through and he's got a pic of Grado headphones. I have coveted Grados for quite some time.

Get a set; you won't regret it. Very "fun" headphones, with a nice bright tone.

eh1_grado_sm.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! I didn't know the Equipment Browser was still being updated. About two years ago, I mentioned the E630 in a thread, but it never showed. It also appears the EH930 is missing. If you need any information, let me know, and I'll see what I can transliterate from the manuals.

thanks!!! ^_^

Well, I think we all want to know (at the very least I do), was that you who bought it (4,700 yen). If so, how easy was it and what was your final landed price, excluding destination customs but including shipping costs?

I haven't actually done the auction service thing myself yet.

Stephen

Sadly, that wasn't me. I'm not financially in a position to buy anything at the moment, but I will certainly be using that site in the future.

Here's a cute green one (they have at least 5 colours it seems) with a buy-it-now price of $17 or so. Beat up, but the message is, there are lots of these, and you will sooner or later find one.

Probably the shipping will exceed the cost of the item. but EMS from Japan is good and affordable, I am guessing $20, someone who lives there can tell or you can check for yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

The equipment browser doesn't show two of the SONY bookshelf systems I have.

CMT-M100MD - An MDLP system with MD, CD, Tape and Tuner with 2x15W RMS into 6ohms.

CMT-DC500MD - An MDLP system with MD, CD, Tape and Tuner with 2x35W RMS into 6ohms.

I'm using minidisc regularly again to capture lots of music from the SPOTIFY.COM music streaming website !! I edit out the occasional advert using my MDS-JB940 deck.

Cheers,

Ian [sony MZ-N1, MZ-R55, MZ-R37, CMT-M100MD(x2), CMT-DC500MD, MDS-JB940]