WTB - prerecorded MDs (not bootleg,backups,etc)

Rate this topic

Abby Normal

I have been looking at ebay for pre-recorded MDs, but they are virtually all more than I'm willing to pay. Also, the selection is pretty lousy. I'm not looking at collector's value. I just would like to have some in MD format to add to the "conversation" value of the format. So, what I'd like to see happen is for people who are genuinely looking to "get out of MD" is for them to post their pre-pressed (not pirated, bootleg, copied from CD/other format) collections that they'd like to sell. If the collections are substantial, I may be wanting to buy a good number of them. I may be dreaming in terms of how low I'd like to bid--I have a fair CD collection already and really I'm thinking of my pricing wishes in the context of the myriad ways I can already get this content. The desire to get them in MD format is more of a novelty interest--and not a strong enough one to warrant paying the prices I've been seeing on ebay.

Thanks.

One problem I have found with ebay is people sit and wait until the exact end of the listing to post a bid. I got outbid on like 10 Pearl Jam copies of Ten like this.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'd like to get a couple pre-recorded MDs just to have them. I have never seen a pre-recorded MD in person, so it would be pretty awesome to get one.

One problem I have found with ebay is people sit and wait until the exact end of the listing to post a bid. I got outbid on like 10 Pearl Jam copies of Ten like this.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'd like to get a couple pre-recorded MDs just to have them. I have never seen a pre-recorded MD in person, so it would be pretty awesome to get one.

I have a" Pearl Jam "- Live on two legs , Pre MD if you are interested . As well as some others that I dont need in my collection .

I have been looking at ebay for pre-recorded MDs, but they are virtually all more than I'm willing to pay. Also, the selection is pretty lousy. I'm not looking at collector's value. I just would like to have some in MD format to add to the "conversation" value of the format. So, what I'd like to see happen is for people who are genuinely looking to "get out of MD" is for them to post their pre-pressed (not pirated, bootleg, copied from CD/other format) collections that they'd like to sell. If the collections are substantial, I may be wanting to buy a good number of them. I may be dreaming in terms of how low I'd like to bid--I have a fair CD collection already and really I'm thinking of my pricing wishes in the context of the myriad ways I can already get this content. The desire to get them in MD format is more of a novelty interest--and not a strong enough one to warrant paying the prices I've been seeing on ebay.

Thanks.

I have exactly one pre-recorded - as you say, pre-pressed, not pirated - MD. I found it a number of years ago in a used CD store. It is Richard and Linda Thompson's "Shoot Out The Lights." I like the music on it well enough, but I have never been overly impressed with the SQ. I've played it a few times.

If anyone wants, it, I'd be happy to take almost any sort of blank SP MD + case for it. It comes in its original case. I would be happy to mail it to anywhere in North America. Always nice to see something go to a good home. PM me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly one pre-recorded - as you say, pre-pressed, not pirated - MD. I found it a number of years ago in a used CD store. It is Richard and Linda Thompson's "Shoot Out The Lights." I like the music on it well enough, but I have never been overly impressed with the SQ. I've played it a few times.

If anyone wants, it, I'd be happy to take almost any sort of blank SP MD + case for it. It comes in its original case. I would be happy to mail it to anywhere in North America. Always nice to see something go to a good home. PM me if interested.

I would love to have the Thompsons disc. I will trade you 2 blanks. I don't know how to PM, but if you want to PM me, we can trade info. Thanks-

Oops. I've left this topic open longer than I had to. I've got plenty of pre-recorded MDs now (and bluecrab and I made a nice trade in the process, too--sorry, Liz, I should've said that was already taken days ago). I'm good for now. If anyone does have anything extra interesting that they might be willing to part with for an attractive price, PM me.

(Moderator closed topic by request of topic starter.)