HI MD Deck.

Rate this topic

john ferguson

• 2 months later...

(repeats himself over and over) You CAN have HiMD in your car... on an Atrac CD. There are lots of brand new Sony units that play Atrac3+ (and Atrac3, also) at Dakmart on Ebay, and lots of second hand ones in your local craigslist or whatever means people use in your locality to buy/swap electronic and other junk :)

Try searching Ebay for CDX-GT510 and then go to the seller's store.

But the quality of HiMD at 256K is quite unsurpassed, especially when combined with a CD that now holds the equivalent of about 5 to 6 "normal" CD's. You're never going to hear the difference between 256K and 1411 in a car anyway, who ultimately cares about lossless in this instance, since all you want to do is listen in the car, not archive your data(music).

Sure it would be nice to have a DVD in-car that played MP3's up to 4.7GB capacity, too. But notwithstanding your earlier comments about skipping (the G-protection on the Sony units is perfect BTW) the quality I am getting via Atrac3+CD is jolly good.

And I don't think I am confusing anyone, unless they equate HiMD with lossless PCM. Since that is what you get on a conventional CD anyway. Sorry, this comment arose because I am increasingly seeing the car units referred to as "decks". My fault.

(repeats himself over and over) You CAN have HiMD in your car... on an Atrac CD. There are lots of brand new Sony units that play Atrac3+ (and Atrac3, also) at Dakmart on Ebay, and lots of second hand ones in your local craigslist or whatever means people use in your locality to buy/swap electronic and other junk :)

Try searching Ebay for CDX-GT510 and then go to the seller's store.

You CAN have HiMD in your car...combining himd portable and sony car cd reciever, with the help of connects2 walkman adapter. I've got, and I'm very satisfied of it: display of md titles and md control on cd unit, last track played memory when switch off/on...

You CAN have HiMD in your car...combining himd portable and sony car cd reciever, with the help of connects2 walkman adapter. I've got, and I'm very satisfied of it: display of md titles and md control on cd unit, last track played memory when switch off/on...

Great. I had a bad experience with non-Sony head unit controlling Sony devices, but that was the non-Sony device's limitation, I suspect.

I'm not that excited about portables in the car because it's (for me) one more thing to lose (ie be stolen), drop, bend, mash, or dirty.