ML_SONY

otiasj

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stuge

Deleted the folder OMGAudio & then i transferred four songs in mp3 format .but .still unable to play the files whihc a download from the player ..

SonicStage ver3.4 ..File Info say unknown format ..strange .

UnknownFile.jpg

Note : I was using ML_Sony file b`coz i`m unable to use newer updated file .

Hi Otiasj,

I'm afraid Winamp still crashes when I try to click on my NW-HD5 in the Media Library.

Perhaps this is an incompatibility thing with MP3FM, the sw I use to transfer files. I remember that files tranferred over with MP3FM cannot be "viewed" in SS, so maybe your plugin is compatible with SS transferred files only?

I have about 20GB of music on my device, so I don't really want to start from scratch. However, if you don't think you can fix the compatibility probs, I will create a fresh OMGAUDIO dir (I have done this previously, and your plugin worked ok).

Create some more debug msgs in the plugin, and let's track down this issue!

I'll send you my dat files by email, they might be useful for you.

N

Edited by nickzeff

Hi maybe I have an interesting observation. I have 2 NW-HD5's (one I leave in the car, the other for other purposes). One device (A) is completely filled via SonicStage. If I try to open this device in WinAMP then WinAMP crashes. The other device (B) was initialized and then manually created the OMGAUDIO folder with the database file. Accessing this decive in WinAMP is no problem. I transferred some MP3's then WinAMP crashed. Restarted WinAMP and could access device B again and even play the transferred songs. Now I open SonicStage. When I try to open a folder of an artist from device B then SonicStage crashes!!!! Device A can be read in SonicStage without any problem. We are facing obviously an compatiblity problem here.

BTW: the artist, album and song lists are correctly diplayed on the deviced that used WinAMP for filetranfer :))

Cheers mate

Just tried GYM on device B, I could not play the MP3's !!! So within WinAMP is works but clearly not with SonicStage and GYM :(

Edited by bergmarmot

Hi nickzeff,

for Device B I used WinAMP. BTW: The track on the device I also can not play :(( On Device A I used SonicStage. I think the WinAMP Plugin is not properly Encoding the MP3 to OMA files. This causes that the file can not be played, that SonicStage can crash and as Stuge showed wrong or incomplete MP3 information (like bitrate is missing in his screenshot).

Hello,

Ok I found a stupid bug...

Could someone please test this please

For your information winamp can NOT play directly from the device unless you have a non protected device like NAW1000 or NAW3000.

I will add the support for other player later :-)

if the file you download from the device is not readable that usually mean that the key used to decode the file is not valid.

Again make sure you installed MP3FM for YOUR device (the dvid.dat file is different for each device)

or if you are using GYM/decodeKey tables that you used the key wizard with the device you are trying to use...

So far using the database I received I was able to successfully download & read so I am not sure what is the problem here...

I am out for lunch I will be back later

So please if someone can tell me if the fix works....

Oh also,

If you have a NW-HD5 device or any device that is protected

YOU MUST NOT have an nocode.txt in the OMGAUDIO directory...

Thank you :-)

Hi Otiasj,

Congratulations!! I can now transfer the files to my device, the list are sorted correct and I can play the MP3 files on the device!!!

There is only still one strange thing, accessing the device in SonicStage and trying to open the Artist still crashes SonicStage.

Anyway, another step closer .....

GOOD! :D

it had nothing to do with the database, it was a simple null pointer string in winamp's display.... (stupid me :( )

Sonicstage compatibility is not very High on my work list...

First I will finish the playlist, then I will start looking at connect player, to start adding link artist etc...

Edit:

Source forge version was updated

Edited by otiasj

I understand that the compatibility with sonicstage is not on you high priority list. On the onther hand people that already have put music on their device don't need to start from scratch as they have to do now. Only when you start from scratch you are able to use the plugin otherwise you have to continue with SonicStage.

BTW: Thanks for the tip concening MP3FM. I freshly installed the program on my new device, copied all the music from older device, run the GYM KeyWizard and voila, now I have all my music on my second device without going trough the whole process :). This device I put in my car and leave it there till I think it is time to change the music on it :)

Cheers mate!! and keep on doing this fantastic work. You and the GYM programmer are our hero's :=)

Well...my Winamp still crashes :(

Maybe my db is corrupted, I dunno!

Anybody know if there is there some way I can rebuild my dat files without having to transfer over all my music again?

Cheers

N

Edit:

Using a fresh OMGAUDIO directory, everything works fine! I cannot wait until I can play stuff in Winamp!

So perhaps I'll just spend tonight transferring everything over...!

Edited by nickzeff

I am using winamp 5.21 free version

Anybody know if there is there some way I can rebuild my dat files without having to transfer over all my music again?

:-( I don't know where this come's from...

I will check again the display part,

I had no problem loading the database you sent me so it's probably not the problem.

Could you make one more test please? :

Inside OMGAUDIO you have subdirectories containing the oma files, could you MOVE those directory somewhere else, then try to launch winamp.

Maybe it's in the reading of the tracks that there is a problem(I read the track number from the files)

Let me know if that works for you, if so I will make a patch to find out what file is causing the crash

Otherwise, solutions to rebuild the database:

1)First make a backup of your OMGAUDIO/*.DAT files

2)first solution : go to your OMGAUDIO dir and sort the files by date.

You should see some files are correctly dated and others have a strange old date like 2000/01/01 or something like that.

Delete the files with the old date (those files are generated by the player)

Then just unplug your player and let it regenerate the database.

3)second solution : go to your OMGAUDIO dir and delete every DAT files EXCEPT 04CNTINF.DAT

launch ml_sony it should rebuild your database

If it does not work just copy back the DAT files from your backup

Kind of good news, Otiasj -

If I move all the OMA files, Winamp does not exit, and shows all the db info on the device.

So you are right - it is something about reading the tracks, rather than the db.

Send me the patch and we can debug together.

Cheers!

N

Stuge - you might want to try moving the subdirectories of the OMGAUDIO folder temporarily. If the plugin does not then crash for you, then you are having the same problem as me. Then at least we know that this is your problem, and not something else.

Edited by nickzeff

unfortunately still names of files played from device through winamp sometimes have bad names... some always, some when you clik name in playlist window :/

this bar showing progres of uploading is fery useful :]

Edited by Mati

bad=name of file on the device (but without file format (OMA)). it's something strange... some files has on the beginning have corect names (from tags) some when are clicked/played change name... the first file on the playlist usually has bad name (one abum was displayed corectly, but when i clicked again on the name of album in album window first name has changed...).

EDIT: some files change name before double-clic, some befor clicking four times...

generally sometimes names are shown correctly, i don't know whats goin on

i've made a screenshot

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6919/winamp5oe.jpg

Edited by Mati

Ok that kind of bad name is normal,

It's because I just redirect winamp to the file,

some files probably change names because they still have idv1 tags at the end of the file (idv1 are at the end of the file)

Anyway, play functionnality is not ready yet! I will work on it later!

nickzeff here is the test plugin:

Please delete the log file in c:\ before launching winamp,

just check if winamp still crashes with the new plugin,

if it load then in the track column you should have some file with a track number of 999.

This mean that the track number could not be read.

please send me the oma files that could not be read + the decode key + the log file

If there is too many files just send me 2 or 3 :-)

Thank you for your help

I will go to sleep now see ya all :wave:

Yeah, it stopped crashing ....!!!! you're getting closer. Indead I have a lot of track with nr 999 .... but we are moving in the right direction :)

EDIT:

as additional info. track nr in general is screwed up. From the 1705 tracks on my device I only have 3 tracka with nr 1 ;)

Maybe this track numbering issue is also causing the crashing of SonicStage and also why GYM is not able to play the files transferred via WinAMP ;)

Edited by bergmarmot

Guest Stuge

Nickzeff:

Which files you want me to move from OMGAUDIO folder ..I moved

10F00(where songs are stored ) folder after then Winamp stopped crashing but as soon as those files WERE again placed in OMGAUDIO,Winamp again starts to crash ..not sure why . :sad::unsure::huh::blink:

Hi otiasj,

Ive tested the latest version on my HD5 and it works perfectly!

VBR songs transfer back and forth flawlessly and my 'stress test' of 150 mixed songs worked fine.

Cant wait for the playlist support.

I cant seen to compile the source from SVN with VS2005 it, is there something else I need or is it incompatibilities between the versions of visual studio.

BTW Im kmw from the winamp forums

Nickzeff:

Which files you want me to move from OMGAUDIO folder ..I moved

10F00(where songs are stored ) folder after then Winamp stopped crashing but as soon as those files WERE again placed in OMGAUDIO,Winamp again starts to crash ..not sure why . :sad::unsure::huh::blink:

OK Stuge,

That was the only test I wanted you to do. This proves that the crash is caused by the plugin reading the files, rather than the plugin reading the db information. So you have the same prob as me.

When Otiasj resumes work, this info will help him fix the plugin hopefully.

In the meantime, I'm afraid you'll just have to hold on for a fix!

Cheers

It works here for me with my HD-3. I had a winamp crash and the database on my HD-3 coult not be found. I deleted all .Dat files exept 04CNTINF.DAT. Then i put 1 file again on my device and it works ok.

-I tried to play files with GYM. It dont work. I can read de database, but it is different than normally, its blue and it does not have the same TAG order than uploaded with mp3fm. I can download it with GYM.

-MP3FM can see the files on my player. But also in a other way. Only the TITLE of the directory is read. Ok i know, that is the way MP3FM works.

-My old OMGAUDIO failed to play. I dont know why yet. I wil try to fix it. I hope it will work.

-one question: Is it possible that winamp could be installed on the player and works on every computer?? That should be great.

I hope you understand all i am typing here. Its difficult for me to type it understandable in English.

Great Work :):)

Edited by Auke

I cant fix my old OMGAUDIO. My player cant make a database. I have to start from scratch i am afraid. Not a big problem. I have all the music on my computer.

I think it is because i started up winamp with the new plugin before i did a backup of my OMGAUDIO. I only started up winamp. I have not done anything else.

So backup your OMGAUDIO before starting up winamp. :excl::excl:

If that is not the problem maybe because MP3filemanager and SS are not compatibel???? I think not.

From what I've heard, files transferred over using mp3fm cannot be "read" by SS, and vice versa. So they are incompatible.

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong - since I've only ever used SS for 10 minutes before uninstalling it from my machine...!

Cheers

N

Yes as soon i did know that mp3fm for my player worked, i also uninstalled it. But for testing the files for otiasj i installed it again.

Hello everyone!

Ok I will try to find the crash problem and make a fix as soon as I can,

I know for a fact that once you start using connect player, your db can not be read by sonicstage.

So I won't be looking very far on the compatibility problems between ml_sony and cp or ss

Only it would be nice to know why it doesn't work with GYM, I hope Xipse will have some time to take a look...

Auke : About using winamp from the device, I have been thinking about that for some time know...

With hdd device it should work because you can just copy your winamp directory and use it from the player.

For memory device the transfert rate is so low that I am not sure it would work...

Plus I use wombat share : it's a program that allow you to play your own music accross internet,

so It would be like: plug your device on any computer and you would have access to your music on winamp as if your were on your own computer... B)

I have to find some time to resume work on wombat share to add the download feature :-(

Karl : Personally I use visual studio 6,

I think it is incompatible with 2005, I tried once but got so many errors that I dropped it :-P

You probably don't need anything else but you might have to add the subdirectorys to your library folders in VS

(the ones with winamp files)

Let me know if you succeed I would gladly try again vs2005

Edit:

Ok found the problem...

There is no track tag on those files....

I will have to figure out another way of getting the track number :-(

Edited by otiasj

Guest Stuge

From what I've heard, files transferred over using mp3fm cannot be "read" by SS, and vice versa. So they are incompatible.

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong - since I've only ever used SS for 10 minutes before uninstalling it from my machine...!

NickJeff ,Files transferred using M3FM can be seen via SonincStage ..or Vise versa .

Ok I have problem...

When using sonic stage or ml_sony to send a file the track number is added as a tag to the oma files.

However it doesnt seem to be the case with MP3fm :sad:

If a nh5 user could confirm this please... :

- Try to send the second half of an album for exemple tracks 5 to 9 of the same album.

- disconnect the player (try the tracks)

- reconnect send the first half of an album ex : tracks 1 to 4

- disconnect then browse to the album

- check with the tracks name if the order is 1..4 then 5..9

or if it is 5..9 then 1..4

thank you for the help

edit:

I found another "fun" stuff about sonicstage :

-I send 3 files from an album

-I create a playlist in sonicstage with the 3 songs

-I transfer the playlist to the player

-I get 6 songs on the player instead of 3 + 1 playlist... talk about lame software :sad:

I will try to implement something different ...

Edited by otiasj