version 1.0.3 is now available at source forge

Here is what is new :

Version 1.0.3:

- added fast track number save/load

- fixed sending playlist while already copying,

- fixed tracks being send twice,

- fixed library not showing after apply

- fixed playlist being shifted when removing some files from the playlist

As usual : make a backup of your database if you don't want to lose anything!

Please report bugs if you find can reproduce them

Thank you for your support :wave:

Hi,

This is my fisrst post although ive been following this thread for a while now.

I have the following problem.

Backed up OMGAUDIO OK and created new OMGAUDIO folder with blank 04CNTINF.dat

I have decodekey.dat in the GYM directory on my player.

I also have mp3fm installed on the player with DVid.dat.

tracks seemed to transfer ok in winamp but whenever i try to play them on my hd5 through headphones i get the following error

"Mismatch in system files"

Am i doing anything wrong or have i just missed something???

Hi,

This is my fisrst post although ive been following this thread for a while now.

I have the following problem.

Backed up OMGAUDIO OK and created new OMGAUDIO folder with blank 04CNTINF.dat

I have decodekey.dat in the GYM directory on my player.

I also have mp3fm installed on the player with DVid.dat.

tracks seemed to transfer ok in winamp but whenever i try to play them on my hd5 through headphones i get the following error

"Mismatch in system files"

Am i doing anything wrong or have i just missed something???

I have the same problem, but there is a way around it. Delete all .dat files but keep 04CNTINF.dat. Then upload a new song or delete a song. And than try again.

I am sorry it's the first time I hear that...

Do you see your player in the device list?

What device are you using?

Did you start with a clean database like suggested in the faq?

Are the tracks you are trying to send mp3?

When you right click then "send to" do you see your device?

Please read carefully the readme and after trying check what do you get in the c:\debug_ml_sony.log file

Edited by otiasj

I am sorry it's the first time I hear that...

Do you see your player in the device list?

What device are you using?

Did you start with a clean database like suggested in the faq?

Are the tracks you are trying to send mp3?

When you right click then "send to" do you see your device?

Please read carefully the readme and after trying check what do you get in the c:\debug_ml_sony.log file

yup i did all of those steps, ive got a sony nw-hd5, yes the device does show and displays existing tracks transferred by SS or nothing if starting from scratch like u suggested.

So you add tracks to your device, by selecting them and doing "send to"

And when you go to your device windows nothing is changed?

if the tracks you are trying to send are already on the device indeed nothing will change...

Kinda confusing here :-(

what does the log say?

You can try to send a playlist but I doubt it will change anything

Hi, I'm using your plugin in a Sony NWA-1000 (6gb)

Everything seems to work ok here... only one problem with Winamp...

When I use the Media Library and enqueue files into the playlist they all read ok with the track names and all that stuff... but in the moment winamp starts to play that track, the title dissapears and you see only the filename (something like 1000002E) and it won't appear anymore in the playlist till you re-queue it again from the Media Library...

Any chance to fix this? I like to see the title of the track that's playing and I can't atm.

Attached: Playlist window with screwed track titles.

LeChuckThePirate

lechuckthepirate at gmail dot com

uHM... track upload not working ok...

I upload some tracks... everyithing seems to be fine, I disconnect the player from usb and the "Creating Library" appears...

I go to track selection and see all the tracks but when i try to play them... the player stays a while at 0:00 then does some noise and nothing more...

I can't play any track

I upload an image with the codec info ...

Update:

• None of the uploaded tracks i tried is working in the player.
  • All the tracks work if you plug the player and play from Winamp.
Update!!:

Ouch!! my fault... forgot the nocode.txt file :P (could you detect the type of device and create it by yourself? yeah, i know maybe I'm asking too much)

Edited by LeChuck

Detecting the player is a whole different business ^-^

I would have to create and send usb commands...

and analyse the answers from the player :P

It would be great indeed...

but unfortunatly I don't have so much time for this project :-(

Btw I know that some files with strange bitrate don't work...

I don't know how to solve this atm :-(

Edited by otiasj

Ok, this may be a stupid question, and sorry if it has been asked before but I couldn't find it.

Can this software be used to copy my Atrac files from my player (NWHD1) back onto my pc?

I had to format my computer, and the only place I have all my music is now on my nwhd1.

If it does, does it keep the tags?

thanks

Hello everyone,

kevmcc : Atrac files are not supported,

(If you sent them as mp3 it's ok and the tags will be saved)

Sorry I really don't have enough time to be working on this at the moment :-(

But I am still making some small improvements

• 2 weeks later...

Hi otiasj,

I am looking to begin work on researching the hd5 firmware in preparation for a port of the Rockbox firmware.

I was wondering if you could help me out with any information regarding the encoding/decoding of tracks.

Also is anyone else working on this already that you know of that i may be able to speak to/contribute?

Well mccourtyboy,

We all wish you the best of luck here. I have been praying for some clever soul to create decent firmware for this device!

You have your work cut out for you - Sony uses its own fantastically efficient - but proprietary - chipset.

I have visited loads of forums and community sites on the web and so far have not found anyone else attempting to do this.

I wish you every success with your task.

N

Edited by nickzeff

hey mccourtyboy,

Yup I am definetly looking forward to that kind of thing,

I am afraid it's a little bit out of my league, I have absolutly no knowledge about flashing firmware and such.

I would be more than happy to give you a hand on this if you figure out the first few steps,

Concerning the file format you can take a look at :

http://www.waider.ie/hacks/workshop/c/mple...E_FORMAT_v2.txt

I also have made a few discovery's that I will gladly share.

Take a look at my source and at gym source,

let me know if you don't understand some of the db files.

However the file format and the firmware are 2 completetly different things.

the file format is just the way to store the data on the device,

and basically it's just reading and writing like on any hard drive.

Flashing the firmware on the other hand is much more difficult,

you actually have to understand the hardware, and figure out how to overwrite the memory chip on the device. And that is pretty difficult.

If you know how to do that, well you can do anything you want!

redesign the menu's and even change the database format!

On the other hand if you don't know how to do that...

there is a very big chance that you will brick your player :-(

and even a hard reset will not restore your firmware.

But from your question about the file format I am guessing you are not so familiar with that kind of stuff (I hope I am wrong!)

Basically you don't need the file format. If you flash the firmware, the player will use the rockbox database format.

That being said, I really hope you can come up with something!

Let us know how it works out!

To all the people wondering where the ml_sony plugin is heading :

I am waiting for will's SDK because I will probably have to recode many things. Plus I don't have so much time atm :-(

See ya all

hi,

the reason for the questions regarding the file system, im just weighing up the options. i have written firmware for some of my hardware, routers modems cell phones etc. so i thought i would have a bash at both options, if im defeated with the firmware ill have a bash at trying to tweak the file transfer speed and maybe help you out by sharing the load.

thanks for the comments, where can i get your source, i have gym source already(again i think i could take this futher but i will look at firmware first)

Hi,

I'm considering getting an NW-A3000 and I wanted to ask a question about this plugin (which sounds great btw!)

Do I need to have sonic stage installed to use the plugin? I have an existing AAC.m4a collection for my ipod nano which i want to be able to transfer to the A3000, but preferably without having sonic stage anywhere near my computer!

Also, slightly off topic, does anyone know if there's any Win XP x64 support for the A3000?

Cheers,

Nick

Hey,

Just want to compliment and thank you all (otiasj and the bugreporters!) for developing this extremely usefull plugin for winamp. It made my nw-a3000 shine like it never did before. Reasons are quite clear I think. I have had no problems, and I have no major or tiny irritations to write. Uploaded allmost my complete music collection to my devise with this plugin, lasted 4 and a half hours, but it was my pleasure :excl: You can take this to a very high level I think. This tiny plugin works ten times more intuitive than all the sony software, even a complete morron can install and use this much more easy than sony's software. Keep up the very good work!!

Edited by Koo

use: nw-a3000

Ah, well, I have to come back on the 'no problem' part. I do have a problem or a bug. Don't know if it corresponds with previous reports. I found no resembling ones.

When I disconnected my walkman for the first time after using ml_sony, names of artists and albums appeared correct. However after deleting some songs from the walkman with ml_sony, the library got totally mixed up. For example: When I went to the artist 'AIR' and saw the list of albums, it showed only the album 'ZITILITIES' this is from another artist. As I went to other artists, they all showed only the album 'zitilities'. When I entered the list directly via 'Go to Album", it showed a proper list of all the albums, correct. In winamp, the library on the player looks correct. Selected tracks are displayed correct with artist-names and album-names in the now playing window of the walkman.

I tried to delete the .DAT files (except for THE one), and deleted a song afterwards with ml_sony, but still the problem there. Do I need to initialize and create a new library?

note: when disconnected after using ml_sony, the walkman builds up the library and shows a message: 'connect complient software'. This never shows when starting it up normally.(I don't mind, but maybe it has something to do with it)

I am an almost complete nitwit in software knowledge (know how to use it), but i'd like to help, and this piece called ml_sony was thrown in front of my feet as a chunk of gold.

Thanks very much, hope someone has a solution!

Edited by Koo

Hello everyone,

Nickrus:

The plugin works without sonicstaged installed,

However my advise would be to avoid buying a sony player, and spare you the problems

with the software...

This plugin is still in early developpement and there is still a lot of bugs.

If you want something really compatible with winamp, take an ipod, a creative or an iriver

koo:

I am planning on rewriting the plugin as soon as Will (from winamp) releases

the pmp sdk.

For your problem indeed it is not the first time I have seen that, I am affraid I don't have a solution

right now.

Sorry I am lacking motivation for this,

As a matter of fact I haven't used any of my players for 2 month now... :-(

But I will get back on it as soon as the sdk is out!

Thanks Stuge & otiasj,

The A3000 is so cheap at the moment (£115) and it supports all the formats I want so I've gone for it. I used to have a HiMD so I know all about how evil SS can be! I'll probably regret this... :unsure:

Talking of SonicStage, any of you guys know how to get it to read Winamp/iTunes AAC tags? I've got 5500 songs I want to import but it won't read the tags!

Edited by Nickrus

I'm wondering how easy it would be to use the ML Sony library that has been created and put a "Windows Explorer" type interface on the front end of it.

i.e. make it appear as My NW-A1000 in My Computer, and then you could simply browse and drag and drop like you would with any other disk drive.

Would anyone else be up for starting a project to do this?