ML_SONY

otiasj

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Geezerwolf and Angerjas:

When you have done the 'send to: walkman...' thing, go to the walkman under devices.

and at the bottom right hand side of the media library window should be the buttons apply and config (apply only appears when you have done the 'send to: walkman...' thing). Assuming you have sent MP3 files (no OGGs, WMAs or anything else!) they should be shown in the walkmans library...

once you have done this click 'apply' button and it will pop up with a box saying something like 'tracks: 29... send to walkman?' or something like that (obviously the number of tracks changes in accordance to what you send to it)... basically click the ok or yes button and then the tracks should be sent to the walkman.

:excl: Dont yank your walkman out of its usb port straight away :excl: ! on the bottom left hand side of the library should be buttons saying 'play' and 'enqueue', next to them should be a little counter

[updating: 12/134] [current: 33%]

wait till that has counted up all the tracks (it is actually transfering them!).

when its done the counter should either stop or disappear (ive forgot!) but when that happens your safe to remove your walkman!

A little long! but i hope i've been able to help. :):clover:

What version of winamp are you using?

I have not updated mine for a while,

maybe the plugin is not compatible with the latest version...

Also you might want to try from a fresh database (not one created by sonicstage or connectplayer)

please see the faq on how to do that safely.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you out there that hate having to manually set up the files in your walkmans OMGAUSIO folder here is a little tool i have made. It needs to sit on the walkmans root directory and run it from there. If you have formatted your walkman it will detect an absence of the OMGAUDIO folder and produce it with the appropriate files inside, if it already exists it will completely replace it. Great for use with both ML_SONY & WinAmp and SWEx!!! Just unzip to your walkman. THIS IS A VBS FILE, IF YOU ARE SUSPICIOUS THEN DON'T USE IT OR TEST WITH ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE! Take no risks!

Thanx :)

Sorry to geezawolfe! I havn't been on the forums for a while. Are you sure you put ML_SONY.dll file into you Plugins folder?

Thats should be: C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins

Alternatively try SWEX, based off of ML_SONY code... i use this and am attempting to produce a .NET based alternative, but SWEX is great and portable - no installation (i just keep it on my walkman!):

SWEX 32

Using this is easier than with what youve said of your experiences with winamp. You need to drag the mp3 files into the walkman in swex NOT THE FOLDERS OF MP3s ... doesn't detect them.

Edited by Srazash

Hi

I yesterday installed the new winamp and this plugin, i connect my nw-a1000 (where are no files on). But my computer only sees my nw-a1000 as a normal removable usb device. Even connect player cant find my nw-a1000. I tried to put music on it with winamp and the plugin by pressing ( send to: usb device) but it now just have maps with the name of the artist with the song in it and i cant play them. Does anyone know how to solve this.

a great piece of work... however i do have some problems and i would like to know if there are any solution...

first off i have an NW-HD5 and cannot run sonicstage at all... it keeps crashing... that is for the newest version, the one that shipped with my walkman it did open however while transferring files it did crash and did not manage to open them all...

so i have been looking for alternatives and came across your plug in... which does work, i mean i can see the device in winamp, i can transfer and delete files etc.... BUT i cannot play the files on the HD5 itself... not through winamp, as a stand alone player.. the files are transferred ok but i get "cannot play, file error" message in each and every files that i transferred..

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by sidewalker

a great piece of work... however i do have some problems and i would like to know if there are any solution...

first off i have an NW-HD5 and cannot run sonicstage at all... it keeps crashing... that is for the newest version, the one that shipped with my walkman it did open however while transferring files it did crash and did not manage to open them all...

so i have been looking for alternatives and came across your plug in... which does work, i mean i can see the device in winamp, i can transfer and delete files etc.... BUT i cannot play the files on the HD5 itself... not through winamp, as a stand alone player.. the files are transferred ok but i get "cannot play, file error" message in each and every files that i transferred..

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated :)

Try to upload or delete 1 song after you get that message. It happens to me to. (HD3)

Sidewalker : sounds like your keycode is not correct, check the faq and make sure you have a correct keycode.

folser: same advice as Srazash, check the plugin is in the right directory, you should get a "sony walkman" in the device menu, (so you should do "send to->x:sony walkman")

please read the faq&read me carefully before posting

Hi there,

Have spent the good part of the morning reading through this forum trying to catch up, but after 15 or so pages, I've skipped through to here! I apologise if you've covered my questions, but...

I have an HD3 and am using the latest full [free] version of winamp 5.33 and the latest version of SS 4.3 and the latest version of GYM.

here's what i've done:

I followed your directions and was able to successfully upload mp3 files to my HD3 and play them via the winamp player. Winamp is working fine- no crashes and the device shows up perfectly, etc. The files appeared correctly (artist/album/titles) on the HD3, but wouldn't play- I received a track error. I then disconnected and restarted winamp, and received the same error. I also then tested deleting several files from the HD3 from within winamp- now when I disconnect the HD3 and it begins "creating the database" it tells me that there is no database, even though there are still mp3s on the HD3.

Any help? Thanks!

And to add my thanks to everyone else's- your work is much appreciated! An excellent idea and from what I can tell, it looks great!

Hi Erica

This is probably a bug of ML-Sony. Try to upload one song, or delete one song. And than hope it will work.

RESTORING YOUR DATABASE:

WARNING! Please make a backup of your DAT files everytime you try something! That way if it doesn't work, you can always revert to your previous state.

1. If you are wise you have made a backup of your OMGAUDIO directory just replace your current OMGAUDIO directory by the one you saved.

2. In case you don't have a backup or want to try to rebuild yours:

-> Go to your OMGAUDIO directory and delete all files except "04CNTINF.DAT" (also keep 01TREE22.DAT and 03GINF22.DAT if you want to keep your playlist)

-> run ml_sony

-> send one file or delete one file from the device

-> Click apply to recreate all the other database files

3. SonicStage or CONNECT Player or MP3 File Manager databases:

If you have music on your player and it won't play or display "no songs detected" - your music database is likely corrupted by the player. As a remedy, you can try to force your player to rebuild the database by:

-> Go to your OMGAUDIO directory

-> Class your files by date. Some files "should" be wrongly dated (for ex: 2000/01/01)

-> Delete wrongly dated files (they are created by the player not by ss/cp/MP3FM)

-> Unplug your device, your player should rebuild is database

p.s. Use a new OMGAUDIO directorie. So backup your old and than start from a fresh OMGAUDIO. ML-Sony is not compatible with SS. How to backup you can read in FAQ.

Edited by Auke

Hi,

Since upgrading from winamp 5.32 to 5.33 recently ML_SONY plugin has started to crash. I can transfer a few songs and then it casue winamp to crash. It only seems to be certain tunes but it also includes tunes that where once transferred while under winamp 5.32 (subsequently removed) so there is nothing with the files themselves.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with the new version of winamp and is there are fix/work around available yet? Sorry if this has been posted before but I am in work and really should even be posting this let alone clicking around the site.

James.

Hello everyone,

Erica : do as Auke told you to restore your database,

then check your key, it's probably the reason why you can't play the song but have a correct database

Kouphax; I have 5.33 I don' t have any problem so far, thx for reporting though

Thanks for the prompt responses! I was starting with a fresh database anyway, but I tried recreating and deleting, etc to no avail. I believe it is the player that is causing the error as I have the incorrect-modification-date problem where several of the files created by the player show as modified in 4/2000. I tried out the solutions that advise deleting those problematic files and letting the player recreate- but still not working- just recreates more old files! I also tried generating a new keys via GYM, but that didn't seem to fix things either.

Don't know what the problem is! I'm going to settle for SS afterall. Thanks anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

geezawolf : There is an apply button on the screenshot you made...

So, go to your localmedia right click on the album/song you want to send, send to->j:sony walkman , once you are done adding songs, go to your device->sony walkman, click on the apply button, the tracks should be sending to your devices,

Please read carefully the FAQ there is everything you need there

hi, i am interested in ml sony if it solves the main problem i find with sonicstage:

sonicstage only allows playlists to made if you transfer a .m3u file (and therefore transferring all the corresponding tracks on with it) but once files are on the device i cannot create new playlists or combine old ones, or add a few of my favourite current songs onto a playlist.

I used to be able to do this with winamp when i had my old creative zen micro, but since sony doesnt work with winamp and sonicstage doesnt have very good playlist functions.

Does ml sony allow creation of playlists from songs that are already on the device, and allowing me to change the order or add a song to a playlist that is already on there?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

No currently playlist support is very limited you can only transfert a playlist,

and ml_sony checks if the songs are already present.

When you remove a song from the device the playlist is also updated.

Nothing else...

But since I am currently developping the new version (yes I am actually working on this ^-^)

I am willing to take requests.

Post a clear explanation in this topic, and I will see what I can do if there is enough people in need of this feature.

BR

Hello Andrew,

No currently playlist support is very limited you can only transfert a playlist,

and ml_sony checks if the songs are already present.

When you remove a song from the device the playlist is also updated.

Nothing else...

But since I am currently developping the new version (yes I am actually working on this ^-^)

I am willing to take requests.

Post a clear explanation in this topic, and I will see what I can do if there is enough people in need of this feature.

BR

hi, well the problem is that once music is already on the player, i cannot create new playlists from the music that is on there (the only way of creating a playlist is to transfer one over and doing that with tracks that are already on the player means there 2 of each track, wasting space). With winamp and my creative zen micro, i could right click on files that are already on the device, and click send to "playlist X" or whatever, allowing me to add certain songs to my playlists. However with sonicstage when you right click on a file that is on the player, the only options are "play" or "delete".

Hope this is clearer

Thanks

Hey,

Beware, this is a piece of bottom kissing.

Half a year ago, I bought this sony music player (nw-a3000). I was completely stunned by the design. Then the use of software, fnck, what a piece of crap. I immediately tried to find an alternative, found ml_sony, did not work in the beginning (messed up database all the time), got back to "piece of crap". Then, after a long while, I was really fed up with "piece of crap" and tried this "piece of relief" again. And now it works all the time! I updated the database already 6 times and nothing went wrong, no idea why it works this good suddenly. I love it! I am really keen to try the new version you (otiasj) are working on. You can make a lot of people as happy as me, I think you can even boost sales for sony if ml spreads around, :clover: haha. Thanks!

Koo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, can someone please help me. I have had my NW-HD3 for the past 2 years. The device is great. But the software is a pile of rubbish! I had a few problems with it from time to to time, but all of a sudden a couple of months ago i decided it wouldn't transfer ANY music and it would sit there and not respond. Then i found out about ML SONY. it all seemed to go well. I got a new album on my MP3 player, but whenever i went to play the new stuff it says "cannot play track error". So i decided maybe i need to start a fresh. So i initialised my HDD to start again, but whenever i add the albums, it still says the same thing. I am wondering because in the readme it says about copy protection MP3FM/DVId.dat files. Now i don't have a clue what these are, and i'm not sure which files my MP3 player needs. So if anyone can be more specific or tell me what i am doing wrong i would be very greatful

P.S. I am not moaning that my database got erased. I knew it would, and i'm not too bothered, it was full of rubbish anyway and i would like to start again. All i need to do is figure out how to get the tracks to actuall read :sad:

Thanks again in advance. I hope there is some answer to my problems

Hell fire : if you see the music on your player's menu but can't play, it's a key code problem as you said the MP3FM/DVId.dat might be the problem.

Did you install mp3fm correctly? was it working?

Make you sure you DONT have a "nocode.txt" in your OMGAUDIO directory.

read the faq again, or this thread. If it's still doesn't work, I suggest you try to create a keycode using GYM software.

I didn't have mp3fm installed when i posted before, but i installed it later that night, and it didn't make a difference. The tracks still wouldn't play. I tried importing them through mp3fm and it just crashed :sad: i'm gonna keep trying things for a while, see if i can get a result.

And i don't know how to use GYM, so i may look into that

Any other info or feedback would be greatly appreciated