MZ-RH910

Rate this topic

fukuda

Hi, all.

My RH910 stops reading a disk when it has no reason to do so. Emitting some "beeps" as if the battery was empty (which is not the case).

What happens to it ? I don't understand. Maybe a reset would fix that ?

Can anyone help and tell how to do the reset, if possible. Or give a link to the place where I could find an answer.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Edited by fukuda

Without more information, it's hard to say. Based on what you've said, it sounds like the pause function is being activated without your intending. Try some obvious things first. Try other discs. Remove the battery for a bit and reinsert. Are there any error messages being displayed?

I had originally intended to post a link to an article regarding how to reset the unit--but then I realized it was not for your unit. Sorry for the confusion. Let's hear what others have to say on this issue and whether there is a way to reset the RH910.

Hi, all.

My RH910 stops reading a disk when it has no reason to do so. Emitting some "beeps" as if the battery was empty (which is not the case).

What happens to it ? I don't understand. Maybe a reset would fix that ?

Can anyone help and tell how to do the reset, if possible. Or give a link to the place where I could find an answer.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I am beginning to come to the conclusion (from afar as it were, since I don't own an RH10) that this is something that may happen when the battery is not properly charged, either with a charger into the unit, or (better) with a purpose-built battery charger outside the unit that just charges the battery. Charging by USB seems to lead to all sorts of weird borderline conditions where the discriminating circuits in the machine just stop working.

Can you confirm that you tend to leave it connected to USB and that this is normally the only way you charge the RH10?

Can you confirm that you tend to leave it connected to USB and that this is normally the only way you charge the RH10?

It's not a RH-10 but a MZ-RH910.

I use it on USB only when I burn music, using SonicStage. The time it remains connected is not very important.

When I listen to it, I use three different batteries :

1- The SONY battery I found in the box (NH-10WM),

2- A GP battery (1450mAh),

3- An old Panasonic battery (600 mAh) which I had with a Panasonic Walkman (K7).

All three work fine.

All these batteries are charged with an external charger Voltcraft model "P-100 Audio" bought here in France.

Regards.