NetMD transfer: Simple Burner vs SonicStage

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

I searched and didn't find anything on this topic. The only thing I founds was an analysis using Hi-SP and MP3, but now I'm asking is there a difference when using Simple Burner to transfer music to NetMD (LP2) vs importing the whole CD in SonicStage (in .WAV) then converting (to LP2) and transfering to NetMD? When I say difference, I mean in sound quality.

LOL. Just realized I posted in wrong section. Please move to Software Support section. Thanks.

I searched and didn't find anything on this topic. The only thing I founds was an analysis using Hi-SP and MP3, but now I'm asking is there a difference when using Simple Burner to transfer music to NetMD (LP2) vs importing the whole CD in SonicStage (in .WAV) then converting (to LP2) and transfering to NetMD? When I say difference, I mean in sound quality.

LOL. Just realized I posted in wrong section. Please move to Software Support section. Thanks.

It's more a question of time, doesn't have to go thru the hard drive first, so possibly bu eliminating a couple of steps it could theoretically sound better, but as I have Vista I can't try two recordings, one SB, one SS and see which sounds better. To me in the end, as it is ones and zeros, it shoudn't make a difference, but I could be wrong

Bob

MDLP Tracks transferred via Simple Burner have the same quality as those ripped to ATRAC3 in SonicStage with Normal (not High) quality. Whether High quality is actually better than Normal for ATRAC3 is still unknown (Normal LP2 is known to have a wider frequency response than High). Also, file conversions from WAV to ATRAC3 in SonicStage are only done in Normal, and not High quality.

Another difference is that NetMD tracks transferred via Simple Burner may be uploaded back to the PC using the RH1 (SonicStage NetMD tracks are not uploadable).

Edited by Avrin

You really really really should not import WAV via SonicStage.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?s=&am...st&p=144280

Where were you the last two months when I mentioned it at least three times, Chris? I for one am finding (as did RichyHu) that you are asking the same thing over and over again.

Sorry, but I just started visiting this forum again in the past couple of weeks. So importing a CD as WAV using SonicStage is big NO, NO. What happened to "it's all 1s and 0s anyway?"