FS: Black MZ-RH1, accessories and manuals included

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

RH1.jpg

RH1back.jpg

MZ-RH1stuff.jpg

MZ-RH1stuff2.jpg

I had an MZ-RH1 fall on my laps. Great condition and works great. Comes complete with everything you see in the pictures. The display screen has swirl marks from wiping and cleaning, not noticeable on some angles. Shipping to the U.S., Canada, U.K. and BobT of course. Haven't decided on an asking price, so please PM with offers. Shipping out side the U.S. is always more expensive, so keep that in mind.

$300 shipped to the U.S. Add $10 to Canada. Add $20 to the U.K. The dollar is weak, so this could be a deal for those paying in British Pounds.
Not particularly attractive I'm afraid. It works out at 195UKP. Recent RH1s on Ebay have gone for around 175UKP including Postage. Also, and I'm not sure about this, but don't the Customs people charge tax on it if they decide to check it out?

Not particularly attractive I'm afraid. It works out at 195UKP. Recent RH1s on Ebay have gone for around 175UKP including Postage. Also, and I'm not sure about this, but don't the Customs people charge tax on it if they decide to check it out?

If the seller writes it off as a "gift," customs tax can be avoided. If my price is not attractive, go to Minidisc Canada. It's $320 and rising everyday, plus shipping, plus whatever warranty you want to buy (but probably not need).

People might be interested in how the unit was used. In other words--where was it used and how much was the optical write head was used?

If you had someone local who knows how to get into Service Mode safely, there is a place in there that shows how much writing was done--though I don't know whether it is in minutes or hours. I haven't been back in there to test that.

People might be interested in how the unit was used. In other words--where was it used and how much was the optical write head was used?

If you had someone local who knows how to get into Service Mode safely, there is a place in there that shows how much writing was done--though I don't know whether it is in minutes or hours. I haven't been back in there to test that.

The unit works great, no problems. The original owner, who wanted to sell it to buy the MZ-NH3D, says it was used for a few months. The discs that I sold to Bobt, were included with this unit, and of those 13 discs, only 5 of them had music on them from optical recording or Hi-SP transfer.

Shipping to the U.S., Canada, U.K. and BobT of course.

How much does it cost including shipment to Brunei Darussalam?

Brunei hasn't been under UK governance since 1984--so if that's what you were thinking, unless Chris changes his mind about where he's willing to ship to then you may be out of luck.

Its in an island or Borneo, bordering with Srawak (Malaysia), Sabah (Malaysia) and Kalimantan (Indonesia). Its ok if you cant quote me a price.

How reliable is the mail system there? Any chances of someone opening packages and stealing the contents?

A few items from Amazon US & Amazon UK. So far no items are missing. But Im still waiting a few items from eBayer. Been waiting for a week or so though.

Well if you really want to buy my RH1, and you feel confident enough that it will get to you (undamaged), I'll sell it to you. But overseas shipping is always more expensive. PM me if you want to work something out.

The price is not rising, Chris. The US dollar is falling.

Yes, but the USD price was rising, but today it fell by $2. I will now set my price $40 below what Minidisc-Canada is charging. So my price $285, shipping and insurance included worldwide. If MDC price changes, so will mine.

If the seller writes it off as a "gift," customs tax can be avoided.
Not true, at least as far as the UK is concerned.

I was checking this out as your latest price is quite appealing, but found this:

Goods sent as a gift are not free of import duties and import VAT. However, customs duty will not be collected if the amount is less than £7, and import VAT is not chargeable if:

* the value of the gift does not exceed £36

* the customs declaration is completed correctly

* the gift has been sent from a private person outside the EU to a private person(s) in this country

* the gift is for the use of either yourself or your family

* there is no commercial or trade element and the gift has not been paid for either directly or indirectly

* the gift is of an occasional nature only eg for a birthday or anniversary.

I might get lucky, if they decided not to examine the package, but I'm afraid i can't take the chance.

Not true, at least as far as the UK is concerned.

I was checking this out as your latest price is quite appealing, but found this:

I might get lucky, if they decided not to examine the package, but I'm afraid i can't take the chance.

You take that chance by buying from anyone outside the U.K. I'm sorry, I can not lower my price to make up for the taxes you may or may not pay. The taxes are yours to pay, as a citizen of the U.K., not mine.

You take that chance by buying from anyone outside the U.K. I'm sorry, I can not lower my price to make up for the taxes you may or may not pay. The taxes are yours to pay, as a citizen of the U.K., not mine.

The big gaping hole in your logic here is that as long as he chooses not to buy it from you it is entirely your problem, not his.

I'm not expecting you to lower your price - I was merely pointing out that your original assertion that taxes are not payable on a gift is not correct; at least with regard to the UK.