Sony ECM-717 microphones (help)

Rate this topic

asdf29

Hello,

new here....

I am looking for a 2nd Sony ECM-717 microphone. I have one, and love it. They are out discontinued. No luck at ebay.

I have no problem with the sound quality I get from it. Can anyone recommend a similar mic?

I mean, cheap (under $70). Small, clip-on style. Does NOT use a pre-amp (I don't even know what a pre-amp does).

I am recording live music, not trying to be professional, so I don't need Edirol and $1000 mic's.

thanks for the info. Those mic's are a little big for me.

The Sony ECM-717 is small, square and black. Clips on my shirt and I never have to think about it.

If anyone knows where I can get another one, please let me know.

I'm confused. Only the first one he mentioned seems big. The rest seem to fit your purposes--unless there's some reason it has to be square.

Thanks for the replies. Yes Skogens, those Audio Technica's are my size. Sorry AbbyNormal, I failed to see the smaller ones!

My thing is, I got my rig for recording myself reading...uh poetry... and I later experimented with recording a live band.

The recording sounded GREAT to me. I have since recorded many times....love the sound I get from this Mic.

a440, those Sound Professions look interesting.

I prefer to stick to what I know, I guess.

....also, my recording technique has been to get in front where it's hot, directly in front of the speakers.

I have heard recordings from $1000 mic's placed in the back of venues near the soundboard, and the recordings are BORING to me.

I really like the raw sound I get.

if you guys say the mic's mentioned in this thread are better, I'll take your word and buy a set in my price range.

yow!

Edited by asdf29

• 3 months later...

Hello,

new here....

I am looking for a 2nd Sony ECM-717 microphone. I have one, and love it. They are out discontinued. No luck at ebay.

I have no problem with the sound quality I get from it. Can anyone recommend a similar mic?

I mean, cheap (under $70). Small, clip-on style. Does NOT use a pre-amp (I don't even know what a pre-amp does).

I am recording live music, not trying to be professional, so I don't need Edirol and $1000 mic's.

Not sure how replying on these posts works; rookie, but I have a ECM-717 that I took around the world years back. It's in mint condition. Don't use it anymore. You can email me at mattdubas at yahoo dot com. It's yours for $75. I'll ship it on my dime... Or give me a call. Seven seven three, five four zero, six eight seven five. Cheers! Matt

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...