May need to buy RH10 battery charger

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

My friend misplaced his RH10 AC wall charger. Anyone got a spare to sell? He's gonna be looking for it this weekend, but just incase he doesn't find, I'd like to know who's willing to sell theirs. Or do they sell these chargers elsewhere? Didn't see any on ebay.

Well, you can either pony up the Jackson + change for the item from the dozen or so Radio Shacks in Downey or order off of Amazon and pay $15 with shipping or order a few more items you need from Amazon and see if that makes the shipping cost worth it. It's better than a doorstop for a RH10.

You have to allow that the transformer in a DC adapter weighs something and thus shipping will probably not be free.

Nope, there's two in my town.

I can also get something at our main line of drugstores here.

Thanks for your help, but we finally got it to charge with the USB cable. For some reason it wouldn't charge with his usb cable, so we switched cables and now it's charging. I couldn't remember if the RH10 could get charged through USB, so we thought that was the problem and that's why we needed the AC wall charger. But it's charging now, just takes longer to charge. His RH10 looks like new, will try to convince him to sell it. :lol: He bought an iPod Touch and hasn't looked back. :huh:

Edited by Chris G

In my limited experience, you can never charge a battery via USB as well as you can by the dedicated charger. That in turn is worse than a battery charger designed for the batteries that is totally external to the unit.

In addition using the 3V supply with the in-unit charging circuitry makes the whole thing hot. This is probably not great from the point of view of longevity of the RH10, either. Actually I wonder if the OLED failures are related to charging rather than usage. Not having owned an RH10, I really cannot comment, however.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the standard 3V NiMH charger, nothing out of the ordinary. There are lots in your local stores, usually multi-voltage and multi-headed. Or you can use the charger from any MD that runs on NiMH gumsticks.

I went to my local store and there were several. I showed the sales person the RH10 and they couldn't decide which charger would work for mine because they did not know the amperage of the unit. So what's the correct Amps for the RH10 charger?

I went to my local store and there were several. I showed the sales person the RH10 and they couldn't decide which charger would work for mine because they did not know the amperage of the unit. So what's the correct Amps for the RH10 charger?

You could probably get away with a 5900 to 750 MA charger, it will never take more than it needs.

Bob