FS - Sony DHC-MD555 MiniDisc Shelf System $60 + shipping

Rate this topic

brrobert

You need to post pictures of the actual item you are selling. If not, no one is going to believe that you actually own it.

He's using Amazon Marketplace, which offers built-in protections for the buyer and the seller. Pictures would be nice--but he's been straightforward about describing any faults. At that price, it's hard to be critical.

I have this system, still uses it...is a great way to timer record radio programs... I also pondered about selling mine, but I didn't want to bother with shipping.

I looked up the weight in the manual. 20 pounds + 7 pounds per speaker=approximately 34 pounds. Round that up to 40 to account for the weight of the other accessories, packing materials, and cost of the packing materials. Using Amazon's table that's about $25 to ship using standard shipping.

Hmm are you saying it will record on a stack of MD's without intervention? That's VERRRRYY useful :)

yes, you can use it like a VCR...to record radio programs or CDs if you like. the unit has a 5 MD changer and 5 CD changer built in. but unfortunately is only SP recording and playback. No, MDLP recording or playback.

not sure about the tuner being world band...mine is only AM/FM in the USA. unless i have a different model.

Edited by sector001

Sorry still not getting the answer I wanted. Will it record on the next MD when the current one is full, without intervention?

I looked at the manual posted on the website here, and still not exactly sure. It says you can record multiple CD's to multiple MD's. But can you record a single source (radio) to multiple MD's?

Sorry still not getting the answer I wanted. Will it record on the next MD when the current one is full, without intervention?

I looked at the manual posted on the website here, and still not exactly sure. It says you can record multiple CD's to multiple MD's. But can you record a single source (radio) to multiple MD's?

Judging from page 24, step 5, of this version of the manual, it seems the answer is "YES".

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DHCMD555.PDF

I think using 5 discs at a time, is a bit much. I'd rather just use the 8 hours at 256K I get on a HiMD 1GB when I really need something that long. For the radio, LP2 is easily adequate and as it gets moved around by SS untouched, it is (for me) effectively not lossy (ie it never gets any worse, and is already as good or better than the quality of the radio I am recording).

Now here's a random thought. Has anyone tried to attach an MD line-in to the output of a Satellite radio (my car head unit has a nice RCA line out)?

Now here's a random thought. Has anyone tried to attach an MD line-in to the output of a Satellite radio (my car head unit has a nice RCA line out)?

Yes--this is one of the first things I did with my RH1--using PCM, no less. I recorded off of single-side band one of these amateur clubs doing one of those "make as many contacts in the space of X-time" contests. Here's the radio I used:

Tecsun PL-600 AM/FM/LW Shortwave Radio with SSB Reception <-eham review

I bought it off of ebay, but Amazon has different angles, so:

Amazon Product Page for Tecsun PL-600

Worked perfectly.

LOL--I just realized you said Satellite, not Shortwave <- space cadet

• Like 1

• 1 month later...