Which remote controls show rec levels?

Rate this topic

dzerry

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, only the RM-MC40ELK does the job.

I'm a little late on this thread, but I agree that the RM-MC40ELK was expensive but it's worth it. When I first purchased the remote I thought to myself that I was nuts to spend so much on a remote, but after my first, second and third concert recording I realized it was worth every cent. Being able to adjust the recorder on the fly and seeing the VU meters without taking the RH1 out of my pocket made the remote so worth the money. The only flaws it has is that you can't start a recording with the remote since there's no record/pause button. You need to put your recorder on record/pause before slipping it away. The other flaw is that you can't skip albums when just using it as a listening device. If you can find the remote I suggest you buy it.

The only flaws it has is that you can't start a recording with the remote since there's no record/pause button.

Just so it's clear to someone who doesn't have the remote: You can Pause and un-Pause by pushing in the stick on the lower left. But there's no Record button. So you have to put the unit on Record/Pause (and put it on Hold before pocketing it) and then you can un-Pause it with the remote to start recording.

The other flaw is that you can't skip albums when just using it as a listening device.

Not quite true, IMO. In fact I find the group skip on most other remotes gets pushed by accident, and wish I could disable it :)

To skip a group you need do no more than scroll (with the scroll wheel) to the end of the group, whereupon the 40ELK shows you groups rather than tracks. Now you can press the Enter lever for one of the other groups, and you can scroll through that group until you find exactly the track you want to skip to. All this whilst still listening to the track in the first group you are getting tired of. So I actually think they did it right.

Just so it's clear to someone who doesn't have the remote: You can Pause and un-Pause by pushing in the stick on the lower left. But there's no Record button. So you have to put the unit on Record/Pause (and put it on Hold before pocketing it) and then you can un-Pause it with the remote to start recording.

That's correct. I didn't know how to phrase it and you did a better job.