MD Simple Burner for Vista?

Rate this topic

StephenS

I have been using Sonic Stage 4.2 and MD Simple Burner on a Windows XP desktop, with no trouble. I have now got a Vista laptop and I have downloaded SonicStage 4.3. I tried to install Simple Burner, but was unable to do so, as Vista does not appear to be supported.

Is this right, and have you any suggestions?

Steve

I have been using Sonic Stage 4.2 and MD Simple Burner on a Windows XP desktop, with no trouble. I have now got a Vista laptop and I have downloaded SonicStage 4.3. I tried to install Simple Burner, but was unable to do so, as Vista does not appear to be supported.

Is this right, and have you any suggestions?

Steve

You are correct. Vista does not support SB. Not sure exactly why. I always thought each M$ version was always backwards compatible with previous ones...

The only way to use Simple Burner on a Vista PC is to use a virtual machine with USB support and Windows XP installed.

And no, Vista is in no way backwards-compatible. Most applications need to be upgraded to work with it. And some (including Simple Burner) don't have such upgrades available.