What MD To Buy

Rate this topic

vegaone

MZ-RH1 (aka M200) for the ultimate MD recorder - best uploading/downloading/recording/playback and formats supported. If you wish to upload old (SP/MDLP) recordings to PC this is the one to get.

Personally I'd look for a decent, basic but solid unit with AA battery support with good recording capabilities and a good features set. This (for me) would be the MZ-NH700 or NHF800 if you'd like a radio. You can upload Hi-MD format recordings with this.

MZ-RH1 (aka M200) for the ultimate MD recorder - best uploading/downloading/recording/playback and formats supported. If you wish to upload old (SP/MDLP) recordings to PC this is the one to get.

Personally I'd look for a decent, basic but solid unit with AA battery support with good recording capabilities and a good features set. This (for me) would be the MZ-NH700 or NHF800 if you'd like a radio. You can upload Hi-MD format recordings with this.

Thank You Barock, particularly the point about AA Battery, have good day..

Thank You Barock, particularly the point about AA Battery, have good day..

I agree with the point about the battery. Tired of messing around with the expensive, finicky and proprietary Sony gumsticks. I'm basically back to MD/NetMD because of that issue, and the relative scarcity and price of the HiMD units vs. Net MD units. Plus the older units seem more reliable to me - my MZ-N505s and MZ-NF610s are still going after years of heavy use. My MZ-NH900 crapped out quite a while ago. I baby my NH-1 - it is more like a work of art sitting in it's dock on my night stand.

Sorry - a bit of a ramble. I also agree with the points about last generation HiMD units being more powerful in terms of supporting all of the various formats, and most importantly being able to upload. Depending on what you are doing, that could be key.