Minidisc and Mac

Rate this topic

Loque

I know the constant and entriely justified bleating about sonicstage that continually plagues MD, but I use OS X for most of my computing, either that or 64bit OS.

The prospect of an MD working well on a Mac computer excites me, does anybody know how well the system that Sony have added for OS X (On the RH-1) works?

I know the constant and entriely justified bleating about sonicstage that continually plagues MD, but I use OS X for most of my computing, either that or 64bit OS.

The prospect of an MD working well on a Mac computer excites me, does anybody know how well the system that Sony have added for OS X (On the RH-1) works?

PM guitarfixr, he has a mac

Bob

My MZ-RH1 works pretty well within OSX as long as you are importing material recorded on Hi-MD media. If you have any old format disks you want to import you will need to do this via Windows. I use XP in VMWare and it works really well for getting this old stuff back.

Bare in mind that the Hi-MD transfer software for Mac is an old PowerPC app and can run a little slowly on Intel macs. Other than that it's all good.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=145669:date=Aug 12 2009, 11:45 AM:name=Loque)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loque @ Aug 12 2009, 11:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=145669"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know the constant and entriely justified bleating about sonicstage that continually plagues MD, but I use OS X for most of my computing, either that or 64bit OS.

The prospect of an MD working well on a Mac computer excites me, does anybody know how well the system that Sony have added for OS X (On the RH-1) works?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

PM guitarfixr, he has a mac

Bob

Bob he will have to PM ( Me ) TC- , because my other account isnt accessible (Guitarfxr)

Me Macbook Pro C2D , Sony RH1 , MD Transfer 2.0 . Your recordings that are done in HiMD mode will upload in WAV format to your desktop .

Title all tracks before Uploading ( Using the same software ) Just select ,type and hit enter for each track as you edit, then Select all , Upload to your desktop , put them in a Folder for Burning , I Use" Burn " for Mac , because it is very clean , does it well and does it free , Data Discs , Audio , DVD , Divx , MP3 , etc