FS: MZ-RH10 with accessories

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

MZ-RH10.jpg

MZ-RH102.jpg

Sorry for creating a new thread, but I wanted to be very clear what is included. My friend (the original owner of this unit) and I came to an agreement to just sell it. There is nothing wrong with it! I had to include some of my own accessories to make this package as complete as possible. So, for sale is a Sony MZ-RH10 Hi-MD Walkman Minidisc player/recorder. It is in great condition and works great too! Here's what this sale includes:

1.) MZ-RH10 with rechargeable battery and cloth pouch

2.) remote control

3.) Sony earphones MDR-E808

4.) USB cable

5.) Sony AC Power supply

6.) 1GB Hi-MD disc (used)

7.) AA battery adapter

8.) SonicStage 3.0 with Simple Burner CD

9.) Original box

The owners manual is NOT included, but you can download it from Sony.com. Also, the rechargeable battery will need replacing soon because it is not holding it's charge anymore. There are several of these batteries on ebay that sell for less than $10. The model number of the battery is NH-14WM. As you can see from the picture, I installed the AA battery adapter to turn on the unit and you can clearly read the display (my ebay username). The rechargeable battery is the only issue, EVERYTHING ELSE 100% WORKS! I have also listed this on ebay at a higher price to make up for selling fees. Feel free to ask any questions before buying. $260 shipped to the U.S. $275 to Canada, U.K. and BobT. Thanks for looking.

Wow, ehm i'm stunned. 275 $ bucks is a lot.

But since my knowlegde of Minidisc started only a couple of days ago, it seems like it's worth it.

Good luck with the sell.

It's $275 shipped outside the U.S. But hey, make an offer. The MZ-RH10 is no longer produced, like all Minidisc players, and they are hard to find. There's another one on ebay for $250 but doesn't come with the accessories. So I think my price is fair.

That screen is so damn beautiful. I wonder though how long it will last before it slowly starts to fade out. A bit like the RH1 no?

The RH1 does not have a large display like the RH10. But the RH10 really is more for music playback, as oppose to the RH1 which was designed more for recording.

That screen is so damn beautiful. I wonder though how long it will last before it slowly starts to fade out. A bit like the RH1 no?

The RH1 does not have a large display like the RH10.

I think the point he was making was that they are both OLED displays which apparently have a reputation for fading. (Although mine are still OK)

Edited by Hungerdunger

Auto-off on the RH1 probably helps a fair bit, though I never leave mine plugged in as some do. I'll never know with the RH10, sigh, missed my only chance when someone offered me one for $100 (Can, was only $70 US at the time) and I chickened out.

Auto-off on the RH1 probably helps a fair bit, though I never leave mine plugged in as some do. I'll never know with the RH10, sigh, missed my only chance when someone offered me one for $100 (Can, was only $70 US at the time) and I chickened out.

Now is your chance, and since you live in Vancouver which is only a few hours by plane from Los Angeles, you can have the RH10 for $260 shipped.

Must be frustrating not being able to sell. May I suggest putting your units at 0.99 starting price and let people pick themselves apart in the process?

http://shop.ebay.com/chris90280/m.html?_dm...p=12&_rdc=1

Oh no. I have had some bad experiences with starting a listing that low. It is not worth it. I prefer to do Buy it Now listings and drop the price as I see fit.

• 2 weeks later...

New ebay ID with 0 history. I've dealt with sellers in that situation and haven't had a problem--though not from France. I have a whole philosophy for how to judge whether to deal with a particular ebay seller or not and it involves looking at how recent the negative feedback is, what the negative feedback actually says, and if there's a common "thread" to the complaints. Seeing 98 or 99% isn't a slam dunk in my book--I have to dig deeper.

What I have noticed about sellers from France is they tend to ask a lot more than what an item is worth--perhaps it follows they'd be willing to pay more, too.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260462406122 (bid history on ChrisG's RH10)

By the way, for a situation like that, I would opt for paying for verified signature out of my own pocket (as the seller) and insurance as well. It's a small price to pay to cover your butt.

New ebay ID with 0 history. I've dealt with sellers in that situation and haven't had a problem--though not from France. I have a whole philosophy for how to judge whether to deal with a particular ebay seller or not and it involves looking at how recent the negative feedback is, what the negative feedback actually says, and if there's a common "thread" to the complaints. Seeing 98 or 99% isn't a slam dunk in my book--I have to dig deeper.

What I have noticed about sellers from France is they tend to ask a lot more than what an item is worth--perhaps it follows they'd be willing to pay more, too.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260462406122 (bid history on ChrisG's RH10)

By the way, for a situation like that, I would opt for paying for verified signature out of my own pocket (as the seller) and insurance as well. It's a small price to pay to cover your butt.

I tried to print a shipping label through Paypal and it's not giving me the option for insurance or signature delivery confirmation. I've only used USPS, not sure if UPS would be a better option in this case.

I tried to print a shipping label through Paypal and it's not giving me the option for insurance or signature delivery confirmation. I've only used USPS, not sure if UPS would be a better option in this case.

I couldn't tell you. You might be better off seeing what your local USPS can do for you. You might be forced to upgrade the shipping to a more expensive option in order to get those add-ons.

I couldn't tell you. You might be better off seeing what your local USPS can do for you. You might be forced to upgrade the shipping to a more expensive option in order to get those add-ons.

Yeah, I'm just gonna take it to the post office and see what they recommend.