MD N10 can't connect to PC

Rate this topic

sun_chen

Hi All

I have a net MD Sony N1O, but now is hard to connected with PC.I try to used different verison of sonistage as 1.5/3.0/4.0/4.2 to connect MD but failed. and my computer show "USB can't identify device". but my MD has show PC->MD.I found in chinese forum said this issue due to MD mainboard damage. and the MD show PC->MD at all times still closed MD. but i have some differe, my MD PC->MD will close when i disconnect the MD to PC. And i can connect MD to PC sometimes. but couldn't connect in mostly time.

Have somebody know that issue for this MD. and how connect the MD to PC.

thank you firstly.

BTW: Apologized my poor english expression.

Drivers are reliable under XP.

Under other OS not so sure. Vista and Windows7 will work but some functions are not supported. And your unit (N10) will never transfer songs FROM the minidisc TO PC. Just not possible.

This might be the first thing to tell us - what is your software setup.

With multiple versions of SS lying around, I very strongly suggest you zap the whole lot, and start again with 4.3. This is Sony's last "supported" (hahaha) version.

I try to used different verison of sonistage as 1.5/3.0/4.0/4.2 to connect MD but failed.

Installing this many versions certainly created a driver/library zoo on your system. Even the "ultimate" SonicStage setup won't be able to clean this up.

Aren't you using a 64-bit version of Windows? If yes, then it is not possible to connect a NetMD player. Hi-MD ones will still work.

sfbp, avrin.. you guys just fail.

I think this topic has been beaten over several times already on mdcf. It's more probably a faulty mainboard. I suggest you take it in for servicing. I've got an N10 with the exact same problem and nothing I've done (all that 32/64bit compatibility, driver zoo, etc) myself will change that.

***** but one thing you should make note: it's been kinda' proven the "driver zoo" causes problems when you juggle multiple units on the computer. Just not pertaining to THIS topic.

Edited by Levanel

Yes. You. Can.

But only if the original recording came from the N10 first (eg: mic usage).

I won't say "No way" as this is not a constructive means of argument. Instead I will ask "where's the evidence?"

Regards

(put it this way, we know how to fix the headers on an MD, if this is so, then the MZ-N10 would allow upload of anything at all!!!!!!)

Hi All

I have a net MD Sony N1O, but now is hard to connected with PC.I try to used different verison of sonistage as 1.5/3.0/4.0/4.2 to connect MD but failed. and my computer show "USB can't identify device". but my MD has show PC->MD.I found in chinese forum said this issue due to MD mainboard damage. and the MD show PC->MD at all times still closed MD. but i have some differe, my MD PC->MD will close when i disconnect the MD to PC. And i can connect MD to PC sometimes. but couldn't connect in mostly time.

Have somebody know that issue for this MD. and how connect the MD to PC.

thank you firstly.

BTW: Apologized my poor english expression.

Hi

I had the same Problem with my N10. Then I bought a new Accu (LIP-3WMB) for myself at Eb... Since that the N10 functions again. :)

Unfortunately it is very difficult to get a new accumulator.

• 3 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=146080:date=Aug 27 2009, 06:48 PM:name=Sun_chen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sun_chen @ Aug 27 2009, 06:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=146080"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I try to used different verison of sonistage as 1.5/3.0/4.0/4.2 to connect MD but failed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Installing this many versions certainly created a driver/library zoo on your system. Even the "ultimate" SonicStage setup won't be able to clean this up.

Aren't you using a 64-bit version of Windows? If yes, then it is not possible to connect a NetMD player. Hi-MD ones will still work.

Thank of everybody help!

I judge the MD hard to connect PC no software issue. the mostly probable is mainboard fault.

I have clear the old versions SS before new versions installing in window XP system.(delete Include share file, regedit and so on). And the MD still cannot connect PC.

Future,I will try to disassembly MD. Please kindly give any suggestion if anybody has been disassembled the N1O. ( i will major to inspection which circuit).

Thanks!