WTB: FOUND !

Rate this topic

Neeno

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Philippe !

Thank you very very much for your reply !

It would be just awesome if you can find one, I'm ready to pay for the shipment any time !

I'm looking for this model because it was my studio boombox for many many years, and after mine burned out, I can't find one anymore.

I tried different boomboxes, but it really looks like I'm used to this model.

Lookinng ahead to hearing from you.

Best regards

Nino Mauro

I use to go one time a week to Nhat tao Electronic Market in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) where one can find hundreds of MD boomboxes, bookshelves and some decks... If I find it, I contact you.

WHY SPECIALLY THIS ONE ?

• 4 weeks later...

Is it true in that market we can find those item?

Yes ! There are hundreds of those boomboxes and quite many with MD (from 30$ to 140$). Few decks (around 100$), some bookshelves (around 70$) and very rare walkman MDs (around 70$... rather twice the e-bay price). Those are foreigner price (first offer)...

What do you have in Malaysia ?

Yes ! There are hundreds of those boomboxes and quite many with MD (from 30$ to 140$). Few decks (around 100$), some bookshelves (around 70$) and very rare walkman MDs (around 70$... rather twice the e-bay price). Those are foreigner price (first offer)...

What do you have in Malaysia ?

Wahh..Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur ) is not that far to Ho Chi Min city. Here we got budget flight to Vietnam only cost around USD 50 return. I might go there since you said thats a lot of MDs...I need to find some bookshelf or probably a deck too. So far I buy MDs from ebay UK.

What we got here in Malaysia? None. I wonder a lot of Sony MDs was made from Malaysia those days and and their factory was very near to my house (walking distance!!) but currently is so very dificult to find any collectors from Malaysia.

Last time my luck I get this from their factory..:) silver colour without cradle.

sony2_06.jpg

What we got here in Malaysia? None. I wonder a lot of Sony MDs was made from Malaysia those days and and their factory was very near to my house (walking distance!!) but currently is so very dificult to find any collectors from Malaysia.

Last time my luck I get this from their factory..:) silver colour without cradle.

That's what I want. My son was in Japan for almost 2 months and didn't get around to looking for me, the brown EH930. Sigh.

So the Malaysia operation is now closed? That SURELY means there will be no more RH1's when they run out of supply. How about seeing if someone is selling off the recording (ribbon cable) or even complete main mechanism assemblies?

That's what I want. My son was in Japan for almost 2 months and didn't get around to looking for me, the brown EH930. Sigh.

So the Malaysia operation is now closed? That SURELY means there will be no more RH1's when they run out of supply. How about seeing if someone is selling off the recording (ribbon cable) or even complete main mechanism assemblies?

Nah..I have a friend working at Sony factory here. He said Sony no longer making / produce audio stuff here in Malaysia. Sony Malaysia now more concentrate on their Bravia Series. EH930 is very dificult to find. Last time they sell in bundle but only silver colour.

In Nhat Tao street, it is easy to find MD boomboxes and less easy MD bookshelves. For a deck, it is a little bit more difficult - I have noticed less than 10 - and they have only old ones (non MDLP) or 110V ones. Huynh Thuc Khang Street Market in first district is also a good place to find bookshelves (one shop specialized, price higher than in Nhat Tao but a good choice), MD blanks and the lasts & expensives second hand MDLP players/recorders... So sad, I missed a MZ-EH1 (210$) just because I was not aware of its rarety.

In Nhat Tao street, it is easy to find MD boomboxes and less easy MD bookshelves. For a deck, it is a little bit more difficult - I have noticed less than 10 - and they have only old ones (non MDLP) or 110V ones. Huynh Thuc Khang Street Market in first district is also a good place to find bookshelves (one shop specialized, price higher than in Nhat Tao but a good choice), MD blanks and the lasts & expensives second hand MDLP players/recorders... So sad, I missed a MZ-EH1 (210$) just because I was not aware of its rarety.

PhilippeC, are you staying at Ho Chi Min city?seems that you really make a surveillance out there..

Thanks PhilippeC, I try to browse those model and match it via minidisc.org model browser, seems its very tough. Got 1-2 model from JVC (boomboxes) and bookshelves from Sony. The best thing i think those models are old model so definately their sounds are superb!

Looked at the pic, hows the condition actually? The just display it outside of the store. I can feel a retro enviroment around there!

Thanks PhilippeC, I try to browse those model and match it via minidisc.org model browser, seems its very tough. Got 1-2 model from JVC (boomboxes) and bookshelves from Sony. The best thing i think those models are old model so definately their sounds are superb! Looked at the pic, hows the condition actually? The just display it outside of the store. I can feel a retro enviroment around there!

THe boomboxes are systematicly restored as you can see on a picture (many shops do that). But that does not mean that everything will work correctly or for a long time. They restore basic and vintage high end HI-FI 70's to 90's audio in the same area. Many shops also for electronic accessories. They is even a little shop selling genuine Van Den Huul cables...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-ZS-M1-Personal-Minidisc-System_W0QQitemZ300377175295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item45efdff4ff#ht_500wt_924

I can't understand why such a simple boombox can reach that sort of price. I can buy a Sony ZS-M3 (M5?) here in Nhat Tao street for 30$ !