Sonic Stage

Rate this topic

GordonThomson

My wife has large audio files for a book that she is reading. (One file per CD!). I know that the player will restart the track at the point when is was last switched off. But what is she wants to listen to music before returning to her audio book? Is there any way of bookmarking the file for later so it can be started at the relevant point?

Sorry to be so vague - installed help files no use and the searcxh on this forum does not reveal anything.

Gordon

We both use the NW-A1000 model. There would appear to a bookmark feature but can not appear to get it to work without further instructions.

Did you find the manual here?

Take a look at page 31. Is that what you need?

With a name like Thomson you must be Kanajun too :) Just kidding, I noticed that this model was only ever for sale in Canada.

One more thing.. if you need to divide into tracks BEFORE you download things to the Walkmen, note that Divide is only possible (and visible from the E&dit menu) when you select "view all tracks" in Sonic Stage (ie not from the default Album/Playlist view).

Did you find the manual here?

Take a look at page 31. Is that what you need?

With a name like Thomson you must be Kanajun too :) Just kidding, I noticed that this model was only ever for sale in Canada.

One more thing.. if you need to divide into tracks BEFORE you download things to the Walkmen, note that Divide is only possible (and visible from the E&dit menu) when you select "view all tracks" in Sonic Stage (ie not from the default Album/Playlist view).

I had a look at the manual and have a feeling Avrin is right - the bookmark will only bookmark the entire track not a position within it.. At least that's what I understood from reading that page.. Maybe one of the NW-Axxx owners will prove me wrong - Ascariss?

I had a look at the manual and have a feeling Avrin is right - the bookmark will only bookmark the entire track not a position within it.. At least that's what I understood from reading that page.. Maybe one of the NW-Axxx owners will prove me wrong - Ascariss?

Yep, all players of this generation ( HD Based) will only bookmark a track. In fact I have yet to see a Sony device that will "remember" where you paused on an audio track in the same way as you can with a video.