OS X software

Rate this topic

george7749

Hi, I would appreciate some help with software. I do run sonic stage on XP professional using visualization on my mac. My preference would be to use an OSX native program if such a program exists. It is a shame that that Sony has not provided a meaningful application to give mac users less incentive to use the IPod. :mda:

I can live with this arrangement if this is as good as gets, but I would be grateful to hear from any one about potential other software solutions. Got to say had I been a PC user I would have to say that sonic stage sucks :glare: as an application, so if there is something better I would be glad to know.

Kind regards

George

Hi, I would appreciate some help with software. I do run sonic stage on XP professional using visualization on my mac. My preference would be to use an OSX native program if such a program exists. It is a shame that that Sony has not provided a meaningful application to give mac users less incentive to use the IPod. :mda:

I can live with this arrangement if this is as good as gets, but I would be grateful to hear from any one about potential other software solutions. Got to say had I been a PC user I would have to say that sonic stage sucks :glare: as an application, so if there is something better I would be glad to know.

Kind regards

George

Which model Md do you have ?

Here is Sony's link for Hi-MD Music Transfer.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=2236&PASSVAL2=SMB&mdl=MZM100

The software works with the RH1 and discs formatted in Hi-MD. It will allow you to

1) download WAV and MP3 onto the RH1

2) rename tracks on the RH1 (WAV, MP3, PCM, Hi-SP, Hi-LP)

3) upload recordings (LinearPCM, Hi-SP, Hi-LP) from RH1 to Mac.

Keep in mind that this software is PowerPC. I don't think that PowerPC applications are compatible Snow Leopard.

If the development of QHiMDTransfer continues as it has been, then it has promise to far surpass Hi-MD Music Transfer in features for the RH1 and the Mac.

https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc/doku.php#linux-minidisc

Can you explain what exactly is the "Mod" you refer to? It works fine on my MacBook 10.5.8.

I had a discussion with someone else , who couldnt get it to run right until the HiMD Monitor was removed , then they started the App manually from Applications folder or a shortcut .

Then it ran perfectly . The HiMD Monitor is basically just there to sense the Unit that is connected , so removing just saves a small processor dent .

Does This Program work with any Hi-MD Model?

Would it work with the MZ-NH700? Or is it only the Rh1

He wasnt being exactly correct . If you go to The website it shows which models it will work with , M100, M200 , M10 etc , The M stands for Mac compatible

but with limitations , I have the RH1 and the RH10 , the RH10 isnt supposed to upload , but if I record in the RH1 , then put the disc in the RH10 it will , because the software is reading the disc header not the machine . If I record in the RH10 then try to upload it gets picky , I can Title and edit, move, delete and transfer MP3 -> the RH10 . There was a Patch for it on some forum elsewhere ( Private forum , and I cant remember but it isnt associated with the Minidisc .org

I think it was in Europe .

But the Uploading is limited to certain HiMD units , not all of them will upload , he was incorrect in that statement .

He wasnt being exactly correct . If you go to The website it shows which models it will work with , M100, M200 , M10 etc , The M stands for Mac compatible

but with limitations , I have the RH1 and the RH10 , the RH10 isnt supposed to upload , but if I record in the RH1 , then put the disc in the RH10 it will , because the software is reading the disc header not the machine . If I record in the RH10 then try to upload it gets picky , I can Title and edit, move, delete and transfer MP3 -> the RH10 . There was a Patch for it on some forum elsewhere ( Private forum , and I cant remember but it isnt associated with the Minidisc .org

I think it was in Europe .

But the Uploading is limited to certain HiMD units , not all of them will upload , he was incorrect in that statement .

Thanks to all, I have managed to get the sony software to work and actually transfer some of my itunes library. I am very grateful to all so thanks for your time and thoughts.

I have a further query, is it possible to use the RH1 to format standard MDs in 80 minute format. It is because my Yamaha deck only plays this format and it would be a an easy way to put together some of my compilations.

Kind regards

George

I have a further query, is it possible to use the RH1 to format standard MDs in 80 minute format. It is because my Yamaha deck only plays this format and it would be a an easy way to put together some of my compilations.

Yes, but your would need to use SonicStage. The Hi-MD Music Transfer does not support anything but Hi-MD. If you are wanting to put iTunes music onto a standard MD (SP, LP, etc.) then you need to copy the iTunes music into SonicStage and then transfer them to your RH1 with standard disc. I use VirtualBox running Windows XP. VirtualBox is freeware and works great. I have had zero problems with it in almost daily use over the past 6 months. Granted I'm only using VB and XP to run SonicStage.

Yes, but your would need to use SonicStage. The Hi-MD Music Transfer does not support anything but Hi-MD. If you are wanting to put iTunes music onto a standard MD (SP, LP, etc.) then you need to copy the iTunes music into SonicStage and then transfer them to your RH1 with standard disc. I use VirtualBox running Windows XP. VirtualBox is freeware and works great. I have had zero problems with it in almost daily use over the past 6 months. Granted I'm only using VB and XP to run SonicStage.

A Little more work but less invasive , is the realtime recording direct to the RH1

Just go into Menu , Disc Mode , select Md ( instead of HiMD ) then set record mode to SP , connect to your CD Player or whatever and record thru the Line input on the RH1 . Or Mic input if you are doing a Live Mic thing . and it will play in all decks .

It wont format on the Mac though , and You will not be able to Upload that disc