iTunes 9

Rate this topic

Strungup

Ok , here is the Deal , I had removed iTunes from my system , and did quite well without it for awhile .

But the New iTunes 9 is supposed to be LP or Album View , like as in Fold open your Vinyl Record LP View . with interactive menu's and such .

I thought that might be kinda cool so I updated this morning QuickTime and iTunes , and deselected Safari 4.03 , because of the problems people are having with it , and the Safari Forums are loaded with examples .So No Safari 4 here 3.23 is working fine .

Anyway ,.......... I open iTunes , it does its usual things ( except a little faster ........hmmm maybe they fixed it ) Agrre to terms etc.

Open it up , grab a Radio station , opened really fast this time and a LOT more stations than before , ( Hey , I think Cool this is ok !!)

Then I try to access the iTunes Store .............. Bad Move .

If you do not have Safari ( your Browser which shouldnt have ANYTHING to do with iTunes store access)

If you do not have Safari 4.03 on your system you cannot access the iTunes store ..........

Here is where the Legality gets involved

All the Mac Users who are on G3 , G4 machines , or Are on Tiger or Panther OS's and have already redeemed a bunch of iTunes credits so you have a Lot of credit in your account . ........ YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS , to WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR .

Let me put this in more simple terms ( sortof ) If you do not have a Machine running the newest OS and Safari 4.03 , you will not be able to use the iTunes Store , even if you already have money in it .

Theft by Default , is anywhere from a Class2 misdemeanor , to a Felony depending on the Money involved .

also , Your will be FORCED to buy the Software to upgrade to have access , that is called Market Monopolization , and is also illegal .

mark these words , there will be either correction on Apples part or a Class action Lawsuit very soon .

I only have 150 yen invested so it isnt a big deal to me , I can live without iTunes . But for those who have HUGE libraries of music . .............

Bad Move Apple

Never used itunes on this pc and never will, was forced to use it at uni where our lab had macs.

I buy my music from other sites and not itunes, since I do not care to support apple and their company. apple is slowing getting to big and will eventually face issues like all major software firms no matter how hard they try to resist.

besides steve jobs is evil :secret:

Well I just got thru watching the Mac Address ....Or Keynote

I think a lot of decision making was done without Steve knowing and he basically admits that saying that other basically ran the company while he was away .

So these glitches once brought to light may be repaired who knows .

There was a Security update this morning of 172 Mb ( I always download those ) ....... Maybe it contains the bug fixes for Safari as that afterward I went to the Safari Page to read about the Req's and it stated that this security update should be in place before downloading Safari /......... Begging the question , Why was it released without the update to begin with >>>>>? ????

I sense disorganization within the ranks at Apple now , and the Keynote was less than stellar , with the exception of Video added to the iPod Nano and a Mic with a Recording Program , and and FM radio built in . That makes it more attractive , If the Radio is halfway decent , The recording function will make for Bootlegs all over the place , depending on the Mic and Preamp in it . The Video sound wasnt awful , but wasnt stellar .

It is a YoutUbe machine basically .

Ok , Well I just downloaded Safari 4.03 ..... making sure the security update was in place first .

Restart too a lot longer , but once up It featured a Splash screen " Welcome to Safari 4 " then started to load TopSites

based on History of viewing , that I will have to find a way to turn off . but All my bookmarks are in place , so we will see , I will give it a week or so .

But at least now I can access the iTunes Store ( for whatever that is worth )

Ok , Well I just downloaded Safari 4.03 ..... making sure the security update was in place first .

Restart too a lot longer , but once up It featured a Splash screen " Welcome to Safari 4 " then started to load TopSites

based on History of viewing , that I will have to find a way to turn off . but All my bookmarks are in place , so we will see , I will give it a week or so .

But at least now I can access the iTunes Store ( for whatever that is worth )

TC, Don't know if you ever tried mediamonkey or winamp, they both seemed to work with my ipod, may be worth a try, I seem to remeber Rhapsody working as well, anything has to be better than itunes, when they don't let me browse to see what music they have, I'm in no way interested.

Take care

Bob

TC, Don't know if you ever tried mediamonkey or winamp, they both seemed to work with my ipod, may be worth a try, I seem to remeber Rhapsody working as well, anything has to be better than itunes, when they don't let me browse to see what music they have, I'm in no way interested.

Take care

Bob

I loved Winamp when I was on Windoz , but Winamp doesnt work on Mac , I wish it did

Well the new Safari has it good sides and not so good .

I have customized the Toolbar , but there is No STOP/Reload button to be found , so for example when a Page Hangs , you have to use a Menu option to Reload . or If you are getting redirected when you dont wish to ( Accidental klik on a link or whatever ) You cant just Stop , the process .......... Lame very lame

EDIT , ok Stop Load = Command + Period had to go thru the Keyboard commands to find it , so it is all Keyboard commands now , that is ok , I dont mind that .

With Safari 4.03 , I was able to get the iTunes store and the Podcasts , which case ,The Irish and Celtic Music Podcast was the first Subscription , and it is all in MP3 format , so ....... Command clik , " Reveal File in Finder " -> Drag to MD Transfer 2.0 , on to a disc , .......... Viola , Listening to it now on my RH10 with all the Metadata displayed and ZERO typing .....( Very cool ) Adjusted the EQ a little . Sound good as a Podcast ( 128 KB MP3) but I dont expect Podcasts to be perfect .

Kills the need for an iPod !!! Just drag it to my HiMD !!! Yay!

1hr at 128 , was about 52 Mb , so on a Regular 80 Minute Sony I have 296 Mb available , so about 5 Hours on an 80 minute disc , which can just be cleaned off and reloaded as per need .

Getting used to the New Safari 4 .03 ,........ so far , it is working pretty good , different Layout , and it seems that Apple fixed the Probs with 4.02 ( Which Crashed my system so badly I had to do a Complete reinstall )

So I guess I am ok , the security updated , seems to have cleaned up a few bugs as well , things are moving around pretty quickly so I cant really complain .

iTunes 9 doesn't seem to work with "Logitech media display" applet (seen on the LCD display of a G series keyboard).

? G as in G4 G5 ...... That is weird that it would not work on the display , as long as the Hardware ( Computer ) is qualified ......

But again that is probably the premise of my first Comment in this thread . Apple left a lot of people in the lurch without knowing it .

I just happen to be running a MacBook Pro C2D , with all the goodies , but not everyone is on that bandwagon , so That is why I mentioned the probs in the first place .

I think the iTunes 9 probably also needs an Intel rather than PPC to run , I will bet that it does . Will have to go look at the specs.

the forums are alive and buzzing with Crash reports . and it is only 2 days from the release ..........

Yep I am glad I waited to get the security update First , Updated Security and QT , before I did any other update . Then iTunes , then Safari .

I have read that those who updated Safari BEFOrE the security update are having nothing but problems .........

Just some observations .

• 2 weeks later...