SI: Collection Of Real Life Sony A840 Series Walkman Pictures

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

sony1_05

The revelation of Sony’s new A series Walkman fared better than I expected, with numerous press outlets picking up the story all throughout the day today. People are genuinely enticed by the new A840 series, which touts impressive features such as 2.8 inch OLED screen, digital noise canceling, and the super slim profile. AV Watch was able to take hands on pictures with the A840 series and they truly show off the genuine beauty of this marvel in Japanese engineering. Most of the comments I’ve read on various tech blogs say that this Walkman is “beautiful,” “epic,” and “I’m starting to think Sony could be a real contender for #2 PMP worldwide.”

sony1_02

sony4_25

Can the A series Walkman help Sony solidify a #2 spot? I know Sony is faring far better than they have in a long time with their portable media players, but they have never brought anything like this to the table before. Here’s hoping Sony has delivered a home run to combat the iPod Nano, ZuneHD, and so forth.

sony1_01

sony1_03

sony1_04

sony1_10

sony1_11

Here is what the TV out looks like:

sony1_08

SonyStyle Japan purple limited edition A847 Walkman:

sony4_13

sony4_14

View the full article

11 answers to this question

I'm just really bummed that this won't see the light of day outside of Japan,..................................what a real bummer. :nea:

How can Sony justify the logic of restricting certain models to certain markets? I know nothing about business strategy, but surely "one model fits all" would keep costs ( marketing,manufacturing etc.) down.