Track marks using remote

Rate this topic

sfbp

I stumbled today on the answer to a question I recall having (or seeing) no answer to a long time back - can a remote be used to trackmark whilst doing live recording?

For the HiMD line (I have NH700 and RH1 so that is the first and the last, just about, so I assume all in between), the answer is simple. YES!

Whilst recording, simply press the pmode/rept button on the remote. This creates a trackmark.

I looked in vain for any documentation on this.

Can a. anyone confirm this?

b. anyone tell me if it is already documented (for ANY model) and if so where?

Cheers

Stephen

Confirmed, and I've been doing it forever--I think since my first MZ-N707. Either I found out about it on www.minidisc.org or with a call to Sony customer service.

I just looked through the MZ-NH700 manual, and no, it's not there. But it has to be somewhere.

Found it.... Page 30 of the N910 manual.

http://minidisc.org/manuals/sony/sony_mzn910_manual.pdf

What a weird feature. It's not documented for the NH900 which is the "base" model (ie from which the other contemporaneous, lower-numbered first generation HiMD recorders were derived, NH600/NH700/NHF800). The NH700 doesn't actually have that button on the non-LCD remote that ships with the unit.