RH10 question

Rate this topic

Azureal

Well, I think I have answered my own question. I have been over every menu option at least ten times and I see no ability to switch the headphone output to a high impedance line level out. I also found no mention of this setting in the manual.

Can I get confirmation from any one who has found this to be the case?

I found one post which suggested cranking up the volume to 28 or 29 of 30, but this still has an impedance of less than 1K Ohms (as low as 32 ohms) and is not a truly viable solution for the best sound. True line level is anywhere from 20K Ohms to 50K Ohms. For maximum power transfer, output impedance must match input impedance as closely as possible.

There's no line out circuitry in the RH10. The best you can achieve is the headphone out set to 29 (but not to 30, since this level leads to a serious increase of distortion and noise, IIRC).

Other units may or may not have line out circuitry. E.g., you can enable the LINE OUT menu in the NH600 via service mode, but it only plays as silence, because of the lack of proper hardware implementation. Despite the fact that its TOSHIBA amp is made to support line out. But the switching pin is permanently connected to the ground, instead of being managed by the DSP.

Edited by Avrin