Problems reading AAC audio with Sony CPF-IX001

Rate this question

Neilsson

Question

2 answers to this question

I also have this device, two actually. Unfortunately, as is often the case with Sony, the software is rubbish. I have all sorts of issues with it including playback problems. To make matters worse Sony has no intention whatsoever of maintaining support for either the device or the software. I cannot offer you any solution to your problem as this software creates errors so randomly that it doesn't warrant investigation. I have decided to remove the networking devices and use them as speaker cradles for my walkman. To be honest, if you can fit all of your music on a walkman it will act as a more reliable playback device as opposed to unreliable streaming device.

Further to my original post, I can add that using EAC to create a wave file, results in the creation of a file that plays without problems on both my CPF-IX001 and M-crew Server software.

However, after converting it with either the compress wav option within EAC, or from a command line using neroaacenc.exe, the file refuses to play in either of the aforementioned. I