walkman x series

Rate this question

gangstakid27

Question

17 answers to this question

Needs one based on what?

Sony only update firmware to remove bugs. They certainly don't add features via FW updates. If you want more ( or different) features you'll have to buy a new Walkman. I'm not supporting SONY in any way BTW, in fact I'm getting fairly pissed off with them operating closed systems in an increasingly open world. I have spent years criticizing our fruity friends on a number of points (particularly SQ on the iPod) but I have to say that I am extremely tempted to buy the iPhone next time I'm due an upgrade. I still adore SONY Walkman SQ but if you want a better multi-function device ( I think that may be what you're looking for ) you will have look elsewhere.

Gapless play back, better web browser, gapless play back, scrolling song title a la pocket vaio and maybe gapless play back

ive had my walkman for 2 months already and its amazing its just they need fix some stuff. when you transfer pictures you cant zoom in to the picture and stuff like that and well everyone knows the web browser is uh terrible they also need to bring back gapless play back. Hey just think about it like this if apple can update the ipod touch every month with pointless features then why cant sony do that with the walkman x i mean its capable of getting updates but they dont update the thing.

ive had my walkman for 2 months already and its amazing its just they need fix some stuff. when you transfer pictures you cant zoom in to the picture and stuff like that and well everyone knows the web browser is uh terrible they also need to bring back gapless play back. Hey just think about it like this if apple can update the ipod touch every month with pointless features then why cant sony do that with the walkman x i mean its capable of getting updates but they dont update the thing.

Company policy? Company culture? Who knows, what I DO believe is that they need to change this policy (or culture) or people will leave them. To be honest I think this "lack of updates" issue with SONY is much worse than the ATRAC debacle of old.

Company policy? Company culture? Who knows, what I DO believe is that they need to change this policy (or culture) or people will leave them. To be honest I think this "lack of updates" issue with SONY is much worse than the ATRAC debacle of old.

sony could make a killing by updating the walkman it could use a better web browser( like webkit) and improve the stability because it freezes occasionally.

Forget about gapless playback. It's an atavism like ATRAC and SonicStage. More fancy screens and flashing LEDs is what the general user wants, and SONY won't disappoint them. If several disappointed users worried about gapless playback and sound quality stop buying SONY products - this won't change anything.

new firmware out which fixes browser v1.10

Hi,

I updated yesterday from v1.02 firmware to v1.10.

I see the browser now is much improved.

Can someone tell me what else has been improved since version v1.02 to v.1.10?

I have not been able to find any details online.

Just a note.

The main new function I would be interested in is on the fly playlists.

Thanks.

the new update 1.10 still hasnt hit u.s and what sony needs to do know is put out more awesome fw updates like change the ui a little bit or add like a facebook or myspace app just these little things that sony can do to make people want to keep there walkman x. Oh yah and dont forget full qwerty keyboard but if they cant do that then there just gonna make people buy another walkman x in 2010.

but now that i think about it a android powered walkman x with bigger oled like 3.5, less expensive and even better sound quality then sony would make a killing in the market. The zune hd is the best deal right 16gb for 220 and 32gb for 289 thats amazing but i have a walkman x because the sound quality is just to amazing to pass up.