Gaps Inbetween tracks...

Rate this topic

rdjsiow

Heres the story..

I have my Sony MZ-N910 connected to my computer using the USB lead.

I'm running SonicStage..

If I transfer a music cd to my minidisk I find when I play the result there are gaps between tracks. Some of my cd's when played on my HI-FI play as one continuous track even when the track changes to the next. On my minidisk theres a blank gap beteen track advance.. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong please..

Many thanx

I don't think this is fixable. Your best option might be to record using optical in to the MD.

Once upon a time there were identification points (cannot recall the exact term to describe them) within a CD track. They seemed to disappear more than 10 years ago. So we're stuck with this.

What you CAN do (with the right equipment) is to take the leading and trailing spaces out using a MD deck. However it has to be one that predates NetMD, or you will be prevented from doing it by the firmware. And you will lose the track info from the start of every track, so will have to find a way to get it back into the TOC.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Make sure the "Microsoft PCM Converter" is enabled in your Audio Codec settings. Disabling it (by some programs) is known to introduce gaps during MP3 and WAV playback in SonicStage, and may also be the cause of your problem. Updating DirectX and the driver for your audio card is also a good practice.

Never had problems transferring WOTW or any other gapless musical/album.

Another source of gaps may be tracks initially ripped to a wrong format. E.g., if you rip to MP3, and then transfer to NetMD, there will be gaps. Even if you rip to ATRAC3plus, and then transfer to NetMD, small gaps may be introduced during ATRAC3plus-->ATRAC3 conversion.

If you are going to transfer to NetMD, rip all tracks directly to ATRAC3@132 kbit/s with copy protection (to avoid extra conversion). Using SimpleBurner is also a great idea.