SI: Takers With T.I., Chris Brown, Many Others Coming To Theaters In Early 2010

Rate this topic

Christopher

takers

Takers, directed by John Luessenhop (distributed by Sony/Screen Gems), revolves around a notorious group of criminals (Idris Elba, Paul Walker, T.I., Chris Brown, Hayden Christensen and Michael Ealy) who continue to baffle police by pulling off perfectly executed bank robberies. They are in and out like clockwork, leaving no evidence behind and laying low in between heists. But when they attempt to pull off one last job with more money at stake than ever before, the crew may find their plans interrupted by a hardened detective (Matt Dillon) who is hell-bent on solving the case.

What an unusual but curious mixture of people to put together for a cast, eh? It’s great to see T.I. in a movie while he’s in jail. Now that’s swagger. On another note, I think people are so tired of thinking about Chris Brown as well so that won’t dent the movie too much. Who knows, though. I also can’t remember the last time I saw Hayden Christensen in a movie since Star Wars Episode III. I’ll just be thinking about him melting away in Mustafar after pissing off Obi wan.

After watching the trailer I think that I could see Takers appealing to many people, and has the visuals to shine on Blu-ray. This kind of movie would perhaps obtain (a low-ball estimate) $50-75 million revenue over time. Not bad for a $20 million dollar film.

View the full article