ces 2010

Rate this question

gangstakid27

Question

theres been alot of rumors going around about sony reinventing the walkman x by using the android. I personally think that would be freakin awesome because if sony wants to compete against apple then android is the way to go and if the new walkman x uses android then its goings to be a low cost device because all android devices are suppose to be cheap. Just think about the possibiltes with an android powered walkman x.

1. Bigger oled, like 3.5 or 3.7 inch

2. Android market

3. Acclerometer

4. even better sound quality and amazing video quality due to bigger oled.

5. Just all around android powered will make it a dream come true.

i hope the rumors are true dont get me wrong i love my walkman x but its getting boring and sony going to android is the best opiton they have because its free and really good so lets hope it gets annouced at ces 2010 because the rumors are starting to look true.

6 answers to this question

I think apps and stuff are the future, zune has apps. If sony can make it so there is downloadable content on the walkman it will go far, eg music store as sony has a big catalouge.

Well I took the plunge having been generally dissapointed with the X-1060 ( apart from SQ). This week I purchased the Palm Pre as I was entitled to a cut-price upgrade on my cell phone. I have to say I have finally found a device that does (almost) everything. The music player isn't bad either, better than the fruity alternative IMO. The big deal is the apps. Generally speaking, if the device doesn't have a function out of the box there is a way to get it.There is also a nice little hacking community building up. Having been an incredibly loyal Sony fan for many years I am finally tiring of their tactics and silly decision making. Hanging off a forum to see if I can have the same device as my Japanese counterpart is a little bit ridiculous in this modern age. I would also doubt any move Sony makes to Android. There will be loads of noise and fanfare until people start discovering that certain typical android functions will be locked or removed from a SONY device, don't say they can't do that, they CAN.

Well I took the plunge having been generally dissapointed with the X-1060 ( apart from SQ). This week I purchased the Palm Pre as I was entitled to a cut-price upgrade on my cell phone. I have to say I have finally found a device that does (almost) everything. The music player isn't bad either, better than the fruity alternative IMO. The big deal is the apps. Generally speaking, if the device doesn't have a function out of the box there is a way to get it.There is also a nice little hacking community building up. Having been an incredibly loyal Sony fan for many years I am finally tiring of their tactics and silly decision making. Hanging off a forum to see if I can have the same device as my Japanese counterpart is a little bit ridiculous in this modern age. I would also doubt any move Sony makes to Android. There will be loads of noise and fanfare until people start discovering that certain typical android functions will be locked or removed from a SONY device, don't say they can't do that, they CAN.

Don't forget the extended life battery for the Pre, makes it an almost perfect little phone: http://www.seidioonline.com/

Don't forget the extended life battery for the Pre, makes it an almost perfect little phone: http://www.seidioonline.com/

the sony android rumors are really big aswell type in on google " android walkman " for 3 pages each computer/tech website has the same rumor about the new walkman with android everyone said there going to present it at ces 2010 so thats why i cant wait for it because i personally dont like ipods there boring i loved the walkman x but not really a pocket computer and android is getting bigger and better with each update it gets so sony is choosing a really good path for there new walkman line with android to revamp the sony walkman.