CD burning problem in SonicStage CP 4.3

Rate this topic

W14

Hi all. I'm new here, looking for help and tips etc.

I have recently upgraded from XP to Win7 64-bit. Although I had some problems getting my SS library working on the new computer, it now works fine (except for the occasional freeze-up, which I live with).

Now, I have found that I can not burn an audio CD (or any other CD for that matter). The right-hand pane just says "Device/media not connected". In "Creating a CD" in the options dialog, the drop-downs in "Writing speed settings" are greyed out.

The CD-RW drive works in other programs so I don't think it's the drivers, I have installed the "ultimate" version of 4.3 and I have installed PxEngine 2.04.35a

From what I've seen in the Japanese SonicStage 4.4 installer, it actually runs the PxEngine 3.04.36a installation package (previous installers simply copied all required files themselves) with two command-line parameters: /PXHELPONVISTA /VIOLATEVISTALOGO - and it looks like these two parameters are still accepted by the 4.18.16a installation package. Maybe they may help installing PxEngine on Windows 7 (there are no special parameters for Windows 7, so we may assume that the Vista parameters can be used).

But I'm still afraid that some internal SonicStage components required for CD burning are 32-bit only.

Just installed with those two switches and no it didn't work. Looks like it's those 32-bit components you mention.

It's a shame because this was a really good function for making mixes etc, and it's disappointing that I can't use it. At least SS works importing CDs and transferring them to the Walkman, which is its primary purpose. It's problems like this that make me consider getting a different player with different software (yes, even iPod!) but really I should console myself that I like the Walkman, that it still works with the software and so really there's no need to.

• 5 months later...