Sonicstage 3.4 internet problems

Rate this topic

matt_com911

Hi, have been using sonicstage for months now without a hitch, but recently have run into a problem that i cant quite put my finger on. Everytime I click on anything (track, album etc.) and click find track info a popup comes up informing me:

There is no internet connection available

(Error Code:00009caf)

...even though i have a working ADSL connection that is recognised by windows and im using at the time.

can anyone help me out on this one? thanks :)

Double check your CDDB settings, perhaps you need to register.

Are you behind a firewall now?

Did anything happen to your network at your house?

Is your ports open?

Guest Stuge

Disable your firewall or Notorn Internet Security when SonicStage or gracenote is trying to gather info from net or if i`m right you need your port 80 to be opened

hey guys, thanks for the quick response. I've already tried reinstalling completely (reg keys deleted etc.), disabling my firewall and opening ports... with no sucess. any ideas?

Try this. Do you use any other type of player software? (Winamp, WMP, or anything similiar) Put in your CD and see if the other software can connect to get CD info.

If it does then at least we know your problem is specific to SS. Also if this is true, you should tinker with your SS CDDB settings.

- Is it registered?

- Try to set up a proxy server

If this doesn't work you'll have to do the uninstall install path. Make sure you get rid of all the keys. Before there must have been something you missed. If your positive that you did not miss anything, then the problem is your 'proxy settings of your default web browser'.

Good luck

ah.. thanks JSP62, tried WMP - same internet connection problem. is there a way to fix this? when i uninstalled sonicstage im definite i got rid of all the keys and everything, so its not the problem. thanks for the help so far.

hmmm. WMP cannot connect to get info either huh?? How about Winamp?

When you said you disabled your firewall and opened your ports, are you referring to your Operating System firewall ? (WIN XP has a firewall protection, which in a sense is pointless) When I say your firewall and ports, I am referring to your network router.....you know when you type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser ?

Hopefully I didn't lose you.

In any event, you seem to access the internet okay...since your posting in this forum. So the problem lies with your CDDB settings, either the address being accessed is closed/bad, or the proxy site to acess the CDDB site is closed/bad.

It seems to be a problem with the settings of CDDB or the proxy server.

I agree as well, though not sure exactly why this is giving you problems.

Take a look and see if you can debug it. Sorry if I can't be of any more help.

Good luck :wave:

Edited by JSP62