SI: PlayStation Network Reality Show ?The Tester? Now Available

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

the_tester-450x269.png

‘The Tester’ is now available for download from PlayStation Network. The exclusive original series features 11 avid gamers competing in a series of physical and mental elimination challenges to win an actual job as an official PlayStation game tester along with a $5000 signing bonus. Join host Meredith Molinari, celebrity panelist Hal Sparks, Sony Computer Entertainment Release Manager Brent Gocke, and this week?s guest panelist, Sony Computer Entertainment Managing Producer Petro Piaseckyj, to see who has game and who will go home. Read more about the panelists at the official Tester site. Unsure of how to watch The Tester? Check out these helpful instructions – the HD preview episode clocked in at about 356mb.

Tester-106-450x252.jpg

I’m watching the little eight minute preview episode now, and its mildly entertaining. The production value is high, and Hal Sparks is guiding the audience through the selection process. They are showing many clips from the thousands of people who submitted their applications. It is similar to the initial few episodes you see at the beginning of an American Idol season. Some cool people, but many are just absolutely ridiculous. I think the show will be successful for Sony – while many will think its lame its definitely a unique offering and has several compelling aspects – especially when game designers give their input. As far as I know there isn’t anything like this on XBOX Live.

" />" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

View the full article

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet