NWA1200 for Europe any other new models?

Rate this question

kaledi

Question

It seems that the 8GB NWA1200 is coming to Europe, with a press release confirmation released today.

This is interesting because it seems to me - in the UK at least - that the 1000 and 3000 are being sold off. Most internet sites have the 3000 at bargain prices and Sony store does not have any stock of either model - this was after they themselves were selling them at very good prices.

Could the 1200 be a 1000 replacement at the same price? EDIT - SonyStyle have the 1200 up on their website for pre-order at the same (or virtually same) price as the 1000 at release!

And are we about to see a brand new model to replace the 3000?

More of the New Sony WALKMAN®

Also announced today is the launch of the latest addition to the popular WALKMAN® family, the Sony A1200. This 8GB model builds on the success of its predecessors by offering music-lovers even more capacity to store their favourite tracks without compromising on battery life. As with all of Sony’s WALKMAN® players, the A1200 offers superior playback time of 20 hours.

The WALKMAN® is compatible with most commonly used digital music formats including MP3, ATRAC WMA files and now AAC files, thanks to the built-in SonicStage CP software.

As the first model to launch with the SonicStage CP software, this is Sony’s most technically-advanced digital music player. Offering the new SonicStage CP artist link, initial search and intelligent shuffle functions, as well as the time and calendar feature, the advanced functionality is predicted to make the A1200 one of the most popular high end players currently on the market.

The Sony A1200 WALKMAN® will be available by mid June 2006 across Europe.

Edited by kaledi

9 answers to this question

The Sony A1200 WALKMAN® will be available by mid June 2006 across Europe.

Are we chopped liver over here in the US? Why do they only release these new players in Europe? Argh! To get a Sony HD based player, I had to resort to buying a HD-3 refurb on Ebay. I'm happy with it, but my preference certainly would have been to buy something new from a retail store.

It seems that the 8GB NWA1200 is coming to Europe, with a press release confirmation released today.

This is interesting because it seems to me - in the UK at least - that the 1000 and 3000 are being sold off. Most internet sites have the 3000 at bargain prices and Sony store does not have any stock of either model - this was after they themselves were selling them at very good prices.

The Sony Central in Sydney Australia today has advertised the A1000 @$50AUD below its lowered $349 RRP plus a free leather case. Similarly to Kaledi's observation the Sony Australia on-line doesn't seem to have any stock of the A1000 or A3000. And the latest Pulse magazine has "limited availabity" noted next to them but alas no mention of the A1200.

8GB seems a half hearted sort of increase anyway why not atleast 10G or 12GB !

Guest Stuge

is the only difference between A1000 and A1200 the extra memory capacity??

By looking at the features of both of them ..i can say yes.A1000 is 6gb & A1200 8 gb .

is the only difference between A1000 and A1200 the extra memory capacity??

how pointless

ugh not if you are selling it the at the same price as the previous model it isn't pointless. So 8 GB for the price of 6 GB!

ugh not if you are selling it the at the same price as the previous model it isn't pointless. So 8 GB for the price of 6 GB!

well it is really, people who are worried about more mmory are gone opt for many other products with higher capacity for the same price.

2gig is a feeble embarassing upgrade

Guest Stuge

well it is really, people who are worried about more mmory are gone opt for many other products with higher capacity for the same price.

2gig is a feeble embarassing upgrade

I don`t think 2gb is an Embarassing Upgrade ..Also A1200 is only a Sony style Limited Edition model with different colours .

I don`t think 2gb is an Embarassing Upgrade ..Also A1200 is only a Sony style Limited Edition model with different colours .

I'd be surprised if the A1200 didn't make to all the usual outlets in the UK (some colours at least) since the A1000 doesn't look like it will be available for too much longer.