Organizing Tracks in my Library

Rate this topic

MattJake

Hope there are easy answers for the following:

1) I have recordings that span two discs. When I upload to SS I end up with two "albums." How do I take the tracks from the second disc (now in a second album) and move them to the first album?

ie.

Now

disc 1 t1

disc 1 t2

disc 1 t3

disc 2 t1

disc 2 t2

Want

album t1

album t2

album t3

album t4

album t5

2) I have a number of albums that were imported without any edits to the properties to set the artist name and initial. In my library/album view, they are grouped at the bottom and in properties the artist's initial is set to other. I would like these albums to be categorized by the the artist's initial however, when I change the initial on one of the album properties all of the uncategorized albums are moved to that same initial.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Rename the first album to the same as the first.

If you do it before upload, put the recordings to be uploaded into a folder with the identical name, on each disk

You can change all the properties of a folder by right clicking it

Rename the first album to the same as the first.

If you do it before upload, put the recordings to be uploaded into a folder with the identical name, on each disk

You can change all the properties of a folder by right clicking it

Thanks. Using the same folder name did work to combine the tracks from disc one and disc two. I'm still looking for a solution to changing the artist's initial so I can file the album alphabetically within my library.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Thanks. Using the same folder name did work to combine the tracks from disc one and disc two. I'm still looking for a solution to changing the artist's initial so I can file the album alphabetically within my library.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Set the Artist's name on each album. They are considered all to be by Mr. Anon. And HE only has one initial.