MZ-RH1 update for Windows 7 coming

Rate this topic

Mikami

If, you use Windows 7 and own an MZ-RH1 you will happy to hear that sometime in the middle of August an update is coming your way. So, in August we should now be able to use MZ-RH1 with Windows 7 without the need for virtualization software to run Sonic Stage.

that's great news.

I actually picked XP for one new computer because of this; happy to hear I can now move forward with the rest of the world.

Out of curiosity, is the development team in Aomori? Or, how do you know this???

Regards

Stephen

I use my RH1 with Windows 7 without a problem...?

Perhaps you are running the 32-bit version of W7. Many (if not MOST) are finding the manufacturers of new computers are providing W7-64. They will find the Home Basic edition which does NOT have the XP 32-bit subsystem (provided in the premium versions) which WILL run SonicStage.

In any event the big problem is with the NetMD drivers. So if you stick to HiMD format (whether 80m or 1GB disks) you won't notice any difficulty.

...Out of curiosity, is the development team in Aomori? Or, how do you know this???RegardsStephen

EFL instructors(and other types, too) here often use MiniDisc/recorders, CD's, and sometimes Cassettes so we are occasional debriefed on the latest news from different providers. For, a while it had been mentioned that Sony was thinking or that they were 「未定」(undecided) if they were going to provide official support for those using the MZ-RH1 with Windows 7.

However, recently it was mentioned that Sony would update information for the MZ-RH1 in the middle of August.

On, Sony's web site the following post concerning the MZ-RH1 and Windows 7 will be found stating the above information: 8月中旬に情報を更新する予定です。

I use my RH1 with Windows 7 without a problem...?

I was under the impression from threads like this:

that some were having difficulty using SonicStage with Windows 7. However, it is encouraging to hear that you and the poster named Stargazer_tom1 are able to use Windows 7 and the MZ-RH1 without problems.

When I last visited these forums(actually the older version of them) about two years or more ago it seemed that some here were prophesying the death of the MD format was at hand and that the MZ-RH1 was going to be discontinued and I am happy to see that those predictions have been proven false. It is also interesting to see that more than a few here haven't made the transition from MD to PCM-M10 / PCM-D50. I recall hear/read many complaining that MD recoders usually have small buttons and too many menus, small screens, no built in mic, and no drag and drop ability, however, it would appear that the PCM series has addressed those problems. Yet, people are still hanging on to MD, and that is kind of nice, too.

However, recently it was mentioned that Sony would update information for the MZ-RH1 in the middle of August.

On, Sony's web site the following post concerning the MZ-RH1 and Windows 7 will be found stating the above information: 8月中旬に情報を更新する予定です。

I found the post and the tezt highlighted in red, using Google Translate (I know not a word of Japanese). Does "information" mean (in context) software?

Stephen

• 1 month later...

I found the post and the tezt highlighted in red, using Google Translate (I know not a word of Japanese). Does "information" mean (in context) software?

Stephen

Well, I certainty hope that they are not going to update Sonic Stage any more!

Hopefully, another way will be found to add Windows 7 support for the MZ-RH1.

However, of Tuesday August 17th, 2010 the above mentioned message has been updated to:

Japanese: 2010年秋対応予定

Transliteration: 2010 nen Aki taiou yotei

English(possible): scheduled for Fall 2010 / To be(scheduled to be) supported in the fall of 2010

2010 年(nen)=Year 2010

秋(Aki)=Fall / Autumn

対応(Taiou)= correspond, Support, interact with, deal with, receive, react

予定(Yotei)= Schedule

And, here is the link:

http://www.sony.jp/support/pa_common/information/info_win7.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Late to this, haven't used my RH1 for a while... now have a new PC with Windows 7 and a new recording I want to transfer from the MD but can't plug and play as I could with XP... is there an English language version of the above update yet? I'm getting a 'Cannot install with this Windows Language' error.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to use Sonic Stage 3.4 (which came with my RH1) in Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. I installed the driver update and ran in administrator mode, but it keeps telling me to verify the database (??)

In frustration I am using my old XP computer to transfer RH1 recordings to Sonic Stage.

Should I be using a newer version of Sonic Stage with the driver update in order to transfer music from RH1 to 64bit Windows 7 based system please?

I get an error message when opening 4.3 Ultimate - same as I got with 3.4 -

Selected music content cannot be played back because the system information has been changed

Also tells me to start the System information tool, which seems to fail as the next message box is blank but has a large yellow exclamation mark.